Alloa Athletic vs Raith Rovers

Ok, I will rephrase that, the majority of fans were glad to see him leave..waste of a wage. Did f*ck all from October to May. I wish him all the best at Alloa and hopefully he does well for them, just not this weekend, but I wasn't his biggest fan last season. I would've rather had Gordon Smith stay than Greig Spence..

much like fox and he was one of the first murray offered a new contract,in fact our whole team outwith beating Hibs and the *** bags did f**k all from end of november to may

I never seen this poll that the majority of fans wanted rid of spence

one thing we do agree on is hope he does well for Alloa just not this weekend but you just know

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spence and Smith both seemed similar in that they would come off the bench and do well but then flop when they got a start. Murray seemed to operate some sort of policy whereby if one of them scored in a game he would start the next game but one game without a goal would see you dropped. Both of them will benefit from a regular run of games but neither would add anything to our current squad other than extra back up in the event of injuries.

Spence was/is a good player.

He didn't perform consistently enough in a Raith shirt and always looked better when coming off the bench. He would of started 3rd or 4th choice striker this season in which plenty games we will probably play a lone striker. He openly admitted he wanted more game time, we couldn't or wouldn't have given him that so he has made the choice of moving back to Alloa which seems a good decision. Will probably start most games if fit, knows the place, knows plenty of the people, will feel more 'wanted' and has a platform to display and 'showcase' his ability on a more regular basis in a league with plenty interest this season which gives him a good chance of a return to full time football in the future (if that is indeed his ambition)

Guy likes Nandos, booze, burds, holidays, gambling etc.. He is young and enjoying life, not a crime! maybe he isn't following the same diet/exercise routine as Ronaldo but he isn't playing for a world superpower for 250k a week either. His frequent use of social media paints him in a bad light to fans of his team but he is probably living a similar lifestyle to a large percentage of young footballer playing at this level.

Anyway, 5-0 Raith, Spence sent off in 1st half and in #KFC before 2nd half kicks off.

An open letter to the person that makes the soup.

Apart from the obvious vegetables it also requires the following, salt, pepper and a stock cube.

HTH.

That pot of soup is reserved for away supporters only.

If my maths are correct. Which they possibly aren't, Spence, over 2 seasons for us, averaged a goal every 159 minutes. To compare this to Baird over his spell over the second half of last season, he averaged a goal every 168 minutes.

That's using the Transfer Markt website which states how many minutes each player has played. Of course, if that's an inaccurate source, then all the above is bobbins.

The Fife Free Press were saying that Elliot is the only player who is a doubt for this one. I notice that Moon played in our Fife Cup game against Burntisland Shipyard, but there was no mention of Craig Barr or Dougie Hill. If wehave those three and McGurn onthe bench, then we'd add a lot more experience in to the team.

The Fife Free Press were saying that Elliot is the only player who is a doubt for this one. I notice that Moon played in our Fife Cup game against Burntisland Shipyard, but there was no mention of Craig Barr or Dougie Hill. If wehave those three and McGurn onthe bench, then we'd add a lot more experience in to the team.

Hill is going to be out for another 5 weeks as he just had a hernia operation. Pretty it was in last weeks FFP. Barr is only a couple of weeks away I would have thought now? Not entirely sure though.

Hill is going to be out for another 5 weeks as he just had a hernia operation. Pretty it was in last weeks FFP. Barr is only a couple of weeks away I would have thought now? Not entirely sure though.

Very true. I'd forgotten about that with Hill. I'm really looking forward to seeing Barr in a Rovers shirt given how he completely dominated games against us before. Looked a class act.

As bad as it sort of sounds, i kind of hope Elliots misfortune will be turned into Murray going with Nade/Stewart combo up top ... They looked 100x better working together last week than Elliot/Nade do, there 2 similar players, Nade will work much better with a runner, especially a runner with pace like Stewart !

Perry & Watson have looked not to bad together so im not worried about Hill/Barr being out long term, still wouldn't mind one of them on the bench for cover but our starting XI should be a nice one if like you say, Moon is indeed ready to go !

As bad as it sort of sounds, i kind of hope Elliots misfortune will be turned into Murray going with Nade/Stewart combo up top ... They looked 100x better working together last week than Elliot/Nade do, there 2 similar players, Nade will work much better with a runner, especially a runner with pace like Stewart !

Perry & Watson have looked not to bad together so im not worried about Hill/Barr being out long term, still wouldn't mind one of them on the bench for cover but our starting XI should be a nice one if like you say, Moon is indeed ready to go !

Stewart has looked a solid signing so far. He's not prolific to say the least, but he should get enough chances to chip in with some goals throughout the season. I'd be hopeful he can match the tally we saw from the likes of Elliot and Spence last season. I think with his movement, and Nade's technical ability and control they can cause a lot of problems playing together. Tomorrow should be an interesting game as our second half performance against Dumbarton showed we are capable of attacking minded, passing football if we work together. One good performance doesn't make a team though.

Archived