Alloa Athletic vs Raith Rovers

After our game against Queens I am unsure how to feel about this. During the 1st half we played them off the park despite losing two goals. The second half we fell apart and Queens took control.

If Spence and Buchnan take their chances I can see Alloa scoring two or three but I can also see them leaving with nothing, this really could go either way.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We looked dangerous going forward in the second half yesterday. If we get a full game out of the Rovers playing like that, I'd be quite confident.

I hope we start with Stewart as he was going past people at will yesterday and his deliveries were of the inviting variety.

I like wee Spencey but I hope he gets the Nandos kicked out of him on Saturday. Not to his injury of course, just a couple of good dunts to make him a bit weary.

The fans were usually good to him so I'd be a bit disappointed if he was GIRUY kind of guy. He'll probably take pelters on the day though so you couldn't blame him too much.

And he will score, of that I have little doubt.

3-1 Alloa.

So do we think Spence is a "Get it right up yous!" kinda guy, or will he opt for the ever-so-fashionable refusal to celebrate?

The fans were usually good to him so I'd be a bit disappointed if he was GIRUY kind of guy. He'll probably take pelters on the day though so you couldn't blame him too much.

And he will score, of that I have little doubt.

3-1 Alloa.

As far as I have read most of the fans were nice about and to him although depends on how he feels about Raith not playing him every week. Don't think he would celebrate though.

I wish Spence no ill, but I really hope he has an utter nightmare here. Preferably, he'll also get himself sent off for kicking a ballboy, or for an incident of equivalent stupidity. He was rightly released after being shite for six months last season, but there are a few that were unhappy at him being released, and there was also a bit disquiet that he hasn't been adequately replaced. To try and have that argument put to bed, he'll therefore ideally be garbage in this game. He's a capable player, but he didn't do enough last season to merit being a regular starter, which no doubt contributed to him choosing not to stay.

Anyway, the game: we really need to string a couple of wins together, not at least to regain some confidence that our manager is capable of doing the job. Patience will continue to be fragile, and we need some wins to ensure a couple of games without a win doesn't result in widespread calls for Murray's head.

Raith have a better squad this year than last year I reckon. Can see them finishing in the 4th-6th section with Falkirk and QOS. If we manage to take 4 points from them again this season I'd be quite happy with that return. 3 of those on Saturday to get us up and running would be most welcome though!

Coming off the back of Saturday, I'm now quietly optimistic. Hopefully we'll start with Nade and Stewart up top as they seemed to compliment each other well. I'm not sure about the size of East End Park, but we looked a lot more confident at Starks which is quite a small pitch. Kevin Moon returning gave us a bit more of an option, but I'd be tempted to stick with the 2 up front and bring in Anderson for Elliot.

I'll be heading along to this, which is probably an omen. Usually it pisses down with rain and we lose!

Coming off the back of Saturday, I'm now quietly optimistic. Hopefully we'll start with Nade and Stewart up top as they seemed to compliment each other well. I'm not sure about the size of East End Park, but we looked a lot more confident at Starks which is quite a small pitch. Kevin Moon returning gave us a bit more of an option, but I'd be tempted to stick with the 2 up front and bring in Anderson for Elliot.

I'll be heading along to this, which is probably an omen. Usually it pisses down with rain and we lose!

You mean, Stewart for Elliot, surely? Anderson started on Saturday there..

According to the Footballgroundguide website, EEP is 2 yards longer and 1 yard wider than Starks. Not as much of a difference as you might think.

I'm hoping for another win here to keep the positive momentum going.

Archived