Alloa Athletic vs Raith Rovers

Whit? :huh:

100% accurate at the time of writing, once those tatties are lifted at Glebe park and the winter takes it's toll elsewhere the Rec will be elevated a bit... maybe even as high as 3rd worst ;)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We done something we havent done in my recent memory and actually defended a lead for 80+ minutes ... Murray's team loves to give away last minute goals, so its a positive change and it doesnt matter how "poor" or "average" we where, or how the "bigger clubs will hump us", we scored, we defended, we won and now we have beaten 2 clubs we are expected to be fighting with at the tail end of this season ... Sounds like sour grapes to me from a few Alloa lads...

We done something we havent done in my recent memory and actually defended a lead for 80+ minutes ... Murray's team loves to give away last minute goals, so its a positive change and it doesnt matter how "poor" or "average" we where, or how the "bigger clubs will hump us", we scored, we defended, we won and now we have beaten 2 clubs we are expected to be fighting with at the tail end of this season ... Sounds like sour grapes to me from a few Alloa lads...

Last season we defended a lead for 77 minutes( I think) against QotS down at Palmerston..

Which I suppose your right then, it wasn't quite 80 mins but close enough..

Bask in the glory while we still can as it rarely lasts. For now we're joint top and it's been a good terrific start results wise.

Don't let the realism kill the feel good factor, but lets not forget the leagues top two teams have both beaten the bottom two who have been fairly honking in both games.

I'm pleased we defended a 1 goal lead but to be fair it was against a team who's forwards looked like they'd have trouble finishing a sentance.

eg "and Spence is unmarked with a free header......" :P

Last season we defended a lead for 77 minutes( I think) against QotS down at Palmerston..

Which I suppose your right then, it wasn't quite 80 mins but close enough..

As you say not quite 80, but ill give you that hahaha ;) Nah just meaning we tend to throw away leads via silly mistakes, great to see we didnt !

Going by some Alloa fans, you'd have thought we were barely in it. We had a game plan which was ultimately highly effective. Our midfield were exceptionally solid, especially through the middle, when we brought on Moon. Alloa were getting the ball and pressing us but all of our midfield were showing their defensive strengths. At the other end, Conroy, Scott and Vaughan were taking the ball far enough to ensure we were working Alloa.

Our performance wasn't as strong as the one against Dumbarton, but we still picked up three points at a notoriously tricky ground. I've seen us lose to Alloa, often in horrid conditions in terms of weather, time and time again. Over time, I'm confident we'll benefit with the returns of Barr, Elliot and Hill to the team and we can improve on our status quo in terms of final league position.

Going by some Alloa fans, you'd have thought we were barely in it. We had a game plan which was ultimately highly effective. Our midfield were exceptionally solid, especially through the middle, when we brought on Moon. Alloa were getting the ball and pressing us but all of our midfield were showing their defensive strengths. At the other end, Conroy, Scott and Vaughan were taking the ball far enough to ensure we were working Alloa.

Our performance wasn't as strong as the one against Dumbarton, but we still picked up three points at a notoriously tricky ground. I've seen us lose to Alloa, often in horrid conditions in terms of weather, time and time again. Over time, I'm confident we'll benefit with the returns of Barr, Elliot and Hill to the team and we can improve on our status quo in terms of final league position.

One or two 'Alloa lads' at most, and the usual suspects to boot in terms of annoying opposition posters on here. The rest of the Alloa support I'm sure are more worried about ourselves not finishing chances at present, not just Saturday's game. Raith were value for their 3 points.

Please stop biting to them, they embarrass us enough without people replying to them which in turn allows them ammunition to post again.

One or two 'Alloa lads' at most, and the usual suspects to boot in terms of annoying opposition posters on here. The rest of the Alloa support I'm sure are more worried about ourselves not finishing chances at present, not just Saturday's game. Raith were value for their 3 points.

Please stop biting to them, they embarrass us enough without people replying to them which in turn allows them ammunition to post again.

I said a "few" Alloa lads, obviously i wouldnt tar a whole clubs support with the same brush !

100% accurate at the time of writing, once those tatties are lifted at Glebe park and the winter takes it's toll elsewhere the Rec will be elevated a bit... maybe even as high as 3rd worst ;)

Groundsmen in Scotland are clearly doing a cracking job these days :unsure2:

There's a guy who sits near me seems to think Nade IS Tade and has just bulked up a bit. Don't know how to break it to him.

There is a guy who sits near me who seems to think just because Tade has come back all bulked up that his name should be pronounced Nade.

Archived