Forfar v Dunfermline

Defensively weak, lacking any kind of creative width, and not having the guile or the nous to break down a backline as committed as Forfar’s, were the main reasons for their defeat.

Same old story.

:(

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I deliberately came on here at a chosen time to make myself look good and report back to dot net to earn brownie points by reporting anyone who complains about losing but had a meltdown then edited it

I deliberately came on here at a chosen time to make myself look good and report back to dot net to earn brownie points by reporting anyone who complains about losing but had a meltdown then edited it

Nah, spelt "off" with one f instead of 2. Sorry to disappoint.

As has been mentioned, Jeffries comments are slightly bizzare. We be good if he came out and said "we were beaten by the better side, no complaints" for a change. Would imagine Dunfermline will come good with their budget and full time status but it might be a bit tighter this season particularly with Jeffries in charge.

That is classic JJ. Never gives credit to the opposition in defeat, only after a win.

2007 and Morton (with much help from Templeman) dump Kiilie out of the cup from two divisions below. Jeffries - "some of my players need to have a look at themselves". No mention of Morton's performance or that they fully deserved the win or were clearly the better side.

A year later and Killie beat Morton in a dull league cup tie. This time Jeffries comes out with "Morton were a credit to the 1st division".

That is classic JJ. Never gives credit to the opposition in defeat, only after a win.

2007 and Morton (with much help from Templeman) dump Kiilie out of the cup from two divisions below. Jeffries - "some of my players need to have a look at themselves". No mention of Morton's performance or that they fully deserved the win or were clearly the better side.

A year later and Killie beat Morton in a dull league cup tie. This time Jeffries comes out with "Morton were a credit to the 1st division".

Yup, agreed. He was always like that. Have to say I haven't noticed it while he's been our manager but will look out for it now. Suppose some people are just really bad losers. To be fair, he's not the only manager like that...........

Yup, agreed. He was always like that. Have to say I haven't noticed it while he's been our manager but will look out for it now. Suppose some people are just really bad losers. To be fair, he's not the only manager like that...........

It is a mandatory requirement for old firm managers

I was outside the dressing rooms at Cappielow that day and the dressing down JJ gave his players was unbelieveable. Every player had his parentage questioned at 140 decibels and whilst I am no prude, what was being said was totally out of order. Why anyone would think that represents good man management, I have no idea. If he had spoken to me like that, I would have lamped him and bugger the consequences! It went on for around 40 minutes and only ended because Douglas Rae asked the Kilmarnock directors to sort it out. Not that he will care, but JJ ruled himself out as ever being a possible manager at Cappielow for as long as the Raes are around with that performance.

Edit to correct team involved

I was outside the dressing rooms at Cappielow that day and the dressing down JJ gave his players was unbelieveable. Every player had his parentage questioned at 140 decibels and whilst I am no prude, what was being said was totally out of order. Why anyone would think that represents good man management, I have no idea. If he had spoken to me like that, I would have lamped him and bugger the consequences! It went on for around 40 minutes and only ended because Douglas Rae asked the Kilmarnock directors to sort it out. Not that he will care, but JJ ruled himself out as ever being a possible manager at Cappielow for as long as the Raes are around with that performance.

Edit to correct team involved

My profile pic shows a photo of Jim in action during that rant.

Will there be highlights on pars website ?

I think you'll just have to cherish the memories - the pars tv folk seemed to have a 'mare on a par with the team. No highlights this week. They say it's only the third time in about 350 games that they've failed to get the match footage.

Died of shame after coming of worse in a 50;50 with Millen?

Probably the first time I've said this but Millen had a good game, he's not as free flowing going forward as Williamson but his crossing was reasonably dangerous. I reckon if there was less emphasis on him to attack he wouldn't get the rough deal he gets.

Died of shame after coming of worse in a 50;50 with Millen?

Probably the first time I've said this but Millen had a good game, he's not as free flowing going forward as Williamson but his crossing was reasonably dangerous. I reckon if there was less emphasis on him to attack he wouldn't get the rough deal he gets.

Actually Millen caused that by shitting out of going for the ball and then accidentally hitting Hilson with his half arsed slide.

Archived