Forfar v Dunfermline

Following an unexpected draw for the title favourites, its important that we bounce back with the three points in this one.

Some will bring up our indifferent record at Station Park yet truth be told, it means jack shit. If we play like we did against Raith then we should win without too much trouble.

Forfar of course being managed by Dick Campbell, unsurprisingly have some former Pars rejects in their ranks, most notably Husband who joined them following his release by us in the summer.

In regards to the starting line up, fingers crossed that Buchanan’s injury isn’t too serious as we need him to deal with the carthorse that is Chris Templeman. Expecting Williamson and Whittle to return in place of both Millen and Drummond, Falkingham to replace Forbes following his suspension and Stirling getting some game time would be nice as we badly lacked some width yesterday.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following an unexpected draw for the title favourites, its important that we bounce back with the three points in this one.

Some will bring up our indifferent record at Station Park yet truth be told, it means jack shit. If we play like we did against Raith then we should win without too much trouble.

Forfar of course being managed by Dick Campbell, unsurprisingly have some former Pars rejects in their ranks, most notably Husband who joined them following his release by us in the summer.

In regards to the starting line up, fingers crossed that Buchanans injury isnt too serious as we need him to deal with the carthorse that is Chris Templeman. Expecting Williamson and Whittle to return in place of both Millen and Drummond, Falkingham to replace Forbes following his suspension and Stirling getting some game time would be nice as we badly lacked some width yesterday.

You're right , our draw was unexpected . 2-0 home win for the title favourites

Really looking forward to this one. Certainly won't decide anything but neither side will want to lose ground on the other.

Personally and from behind my Loon-coloured glasses, I'll be rooting for a home win.

Despite a poor first half, after a bit of tinkering from Big Dick, I felt we equipped ourselves well and would be quite happy to see the post-tinkering eleven against the Pars. I can imagine some will beg to differ but it was our first result (draw, I know) of the season.

Roll on Saturday

Nah more like an awkward newly born giraffe trying to find his feet !

Pretty sure that "good feet for a big lad" is the official line. Will be interesting to see hubby line up against us, I think I'd rather we'd kept him than forbes were it an option, hopefully Forbes finds some form and proves me wrong at some point. Watching him trying to run is incredibly frustrating.

Pretty sure that "good feet for a big lad" is the official line. Will be interesting to see hubby line up against us, I think I'd rather we'd kept him than forbes were it an option, hopefully Forbes finds some form and proves me wrong at some point. Watching him trying to run is incredibly frustrating.

Husband looks like he's lacking match practice just now not having had a pre season

In regards to the starting line up, fingers crossed that Buchanan’s injury isn’t too serious as we need him to deal with the carthorse that is Chris Templeman. Expecting Williamson and Whittle to return in place of both Millen and Drummond, Falkingham to replace Forbes following his suspension and Stirling getting some game time would be nice as we badly lacked some width yesterday.

Josh will come in for Byrne not Forbes. If Swankie is still at Forfar we will need full backs who can primarily defend so Millen may keep his place. Think you're right about Whittle though.

Nah more like an awkward newly born giraffe trying to find his feet !

he is more like Bambi on ice and does enjoy a wee tumble.

I'm guessing both Buchanan and Whittle will miss out for us due to injury. Whitts twisted his knee in the warm up on Saturday and had to be replaced on the bench by Allan Smith, while Buchanan was sent to the hospital for an xray after it appeared he jarred his ankle. We desperately need to either recall O'Kane from his loan at Montrose or bring in another CB - whether it be permanent or on loan. A tough match just got even tougher, imo. Not really that confident, tbh. I like the look of Forfar this year and I think they might be up there come the end of the season.

My provisional 18, without seeing any team news and discounting any possible new CB / O'Kane returning, I'd go:

Scully

Millen

Page

Martin

Drummond

Geggan

Spence

Falkingham

Stirling

Ugwu

Moffat

Subs:

Goodfellow

Williamson

Thomson

Byrne

Forbes

Wallace

Faissal

Josh will come in for Byrne not Forbes. If Swankie is still at Forfar we will need full backs who can primarily defend so Millen may keep his place. Think you're right about Whittle though.

Based on what exactly?

Forbes was the one who got hooked with twenty minutes to go and never played against Raith, a match in where Byrne put in a decent performance alongside Falkingham.

Not confident about this.

Forfar away and Airdrie at home are the toughest games we'll get this season, and we've got them back to back. Play like we did against Brechin, and Forfar will just bully us to victory. We need to put some energy and width in the team, we were far too slow and pedestrian against Brechin and they coped really easily when we eventually got it into the danger areas.

Is Buchanan going to be missing for this one? Haven't seen any news on COWS unless I've missed something. He wins absolutely everything in the air, we'll miss that if he's out because Martin can be culpable for letting it drop over him.

Chris Templeman regularly scores against us and I wouldn't be surprised if he grabbed himself one on Saturday. He is no cart horse, he's actually quite an intelligent striker who can still put them away, we just need to cancel that out. Gavin Swankie will also cause us problems, as he regularly does. This is going to be a tough match.

Would keep the same team as the one that faced Brechin but would change Forbes for Stirling, Byrne for Falky and El Bak for Wallace up top (or Ugwu if Wallace isn't fully fit yet). Would have been ideal to change the full backs as well but Whitts is injured and we need a right back who can actually defend against Forfar, so Millen gets the nod against Williamson.

Would settle for a draw in all honesty.

Archived