Gommorah

JustOneCornetto

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the filmmakers are quite playful with Conte's character. The homoeroticism is off the scale - his driver really should be in Hollyoaks.

Plenty to tie up in the last two episodes.

It's such a quality piece of work. The camera angles, the filters, the attention to detail.. but the thing that tickles me most is the tracking shots on the cars. It gives the whole thing a fluidity as the guys cruise around in their various motors (do they ever drive the same car more than once?) tracked at these weird angles - high above the car or low down offset. It makes most tv dramas seem so clunky and dated.

Watched the first few episodes and can tell already that this is going to be right up my street. I remember being a bit disappointed with the film. I'd read about it being some potential classic. The setting of La Scampia and some of the other estates was pretty cool but I didn't take away much else from it. The series is already much better.

What's happened to Don Pietro? maybe he's pretending to be going mad in an attempt to get a release.

Didn't expect Ciro to be one step ahead of Lady Imma, shame she was 'hit'. Ciro is going to get full power one way or another and although he wants to side with Conte against the Savastano's, both their egos are too big to work with each other.

Yes it looks like another bloodbath in the finale next week.

Fantastic final episode, the only thing I guessed correctly was that Don Pietro was faking his mental breakdown. Thought Genny was dead but he's obviously still alive when we saw his hand twitching at the end (pretty sure he would have been wearing a bullet-proof vest).

Btw Ciros's wife :wub:

Great end to the series. Maybe I'm getting carried away but that's as good a first series as any of the ones that get talked about as the great modern TV shows. Loved it.

One wee plot thing that confused me though, perhaps I'm missing something:

How come Ciro completely got away with spraffing about Conte's gang having the Catalonian politicians on board to Eremenko? Obviously he had to do something to get out of that room alive but setting up that deal for Conte then (temporarily) settled things with the Savastanos, Conte trused Ciro in the final episode etc. Surely when Eremenko finds out he's been taken the piss out of, it would come down the line to Conte and eventually Ciro.

What a transformation in Genny, there's no holding him back now and even Ciro realises he doesn't have to nursemaid him now. Did you notice Lady Imma's smile when her previously wet son was going all gung-ho.

Ciro need to learn about personal space, he can't seem to talk to anyone without going about 2 inches from their face :huh:

Character is loosely based on this man.

mark_clerrmit_2-608x408.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Romanzo Criminale is good and Mesrine is excellent, the latter mainly as a vehicle for Vincent Cassel. Will check out Cell 211, I notice the poster has "Die Hard meets A Prophet" on it. A Prophet is the best of the films mentioned in this post, modern classic. Watch that as well if you haven't seen it.

Archived