Parking Issues

cumnocklad1912

Years ago we were allowed to use the Hoover car park , but since they closed the factory & raised the place to the ground it's been a dead end street.

Your right , it's not the best.

Not as bad as our right enough once we lost the use of the area where the social club used to be . Hoover car park must of done the trick that place was massive.

Glencairn old ground must of been a bit of a nightmare also.Then again maybe not as some space across the road in wee industrial estate.The new ground aint to great either is it in that residential bit.

Not as bad as our right enough once we lost the use of the area where the social club used to be . Hoover car park must of done the trick that place was massive.

Glencairn old ground must of been a bit of a nightmare also.Then again maybe not as some space across the road in wee industrial estate.The new ground aint to great either is it in that residential bit.

Yeah , Rutherglen's new ground is sort of stuck away in behind a wee housing estate (Burnhill). I normally cadge a lift to they're place when we play them or jump on a bus for the 5 min journey from Cambuslang.

There are no parking issues at Glencairn's ground. We have a big car park at the ground, and loads of on-street parking outside the car park with no restrictions. I know the Burnhill estate doesn't have a great reputation, but in the six years we've been in the stadium I can't remember one single issue with damage to cars, not even when we hosted a crowd of 1152 for the cup semi final v Auchinleck.

Parking at meadow park is easy if you know where to go. I always drive to games and have never had trouble finding a space less than a 2 minute walk from the ground. That includes games with crowds over 1000

Same as Pollok - especially if folk remember that there are streets on the other side of Kilmarnock Road.

Archived