Club Colours - Do They Bother You?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worked with a guy years ago, big Rangers fan, his wife bought him a new shirt. It was green, he took his lighter out and set fire to it. Told us at work the next day quite proudly.

My english missus bought me a t-shirt a few years back that was green with yellow/gold bits on the sleeve, i told her straight away i wouldn't wear it because, as soon as people heard my accent and saw the shirt they would assume i was a celtic fan.

And it's bad enough having english folk asking "you celtic or rangers then"? as soon as open your mouth down here.

My english missus bought me a t-shirt a few years back that was green with yellow/gold bits on the sleeve, i told her straight away i wouldn't wear it because, as soon as people heard my accent and saw the shirt they would assume i was a celtic fan.

Is anything blue a total no go as well? Jeans out of the equation?

Is anything blue a total no go as well? Jeans out of the equation?

You know what? after i posted that i knew someone would come out with that sort of comment.

No, blue isn't out of the equation, and neither is green, it was just that particular shirt, it just looked too 'celticy' for my liking, that's all. :)

Years ago when I was backpacking in Australia, an English lad I was out drinking with won a t-shirt in a pub quiz. He gave it to me because it was green and white and "I wouldn't be seen dead in a Celtic shirt." It was quite a nice t-shirt. Dark green with a vertical pin stripe. And he'd never been to Scotland in his life.

Archived