Club Colours - Do They Bother You?

When I saw AC/DC at the SECC I wasn't going to buy a tour T shirt. Then I saw the came in Maroon as well as black and I was tempted. Then I saw the 3rd and final option was green.

A shirt which was simply maroon was tempting but one which was "maroon as opposed to green" (the best kind of maroon) left me no real choice in the matter.

I assume there's someone in Leith who bought a green one for similar reasons

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK sweetheart ;)

Lol.

Ducking predictive text.

Just remembered another example of my petty and childish attitude.

There was a child's stuffed rabbit on sale in aid of the Archies foundation which I refused to buy because it had a green and white top.

The OF already have more than enough promotion to kids without me adding to it by giving my child subliminal advertising.

Maroon doesn't really bother me at all.

I'll make jokes about it but if I was buying my dream car and I could only get it in maroon, I'd still buy it. Pretty sure there's maroon coloured things in my house like curtains & bed sheets/duvets

Used to work in a Rangers supporting pub when I was at uni, and one customer got stuck into me for wearing a pastel-green shirt. Not sure if he was a Chief Inspector in the Fashion Police or a blithering bigot. Tbf, the other drinkers told him to stop being such a nugget, so maybe there's hope for the world.

Football colours fulfill an important function in society. When you see any person over 21 wearing them when it isn't game day be grateful - it's like a moron early warning system telling you on no account to engage them in conversation or even make eye contact.

There's a pensioner in my local who abuses anyone wearing green, leaves the pub shouting "THE BLUEBELLS ARE BLUE!" every single time he exits and when discussing something he dislikes he often uses 'catholic' as a derogatory adjective, e.g. "Aye, that defeat in the cup was a right catholic!"

This is our society. I've long since given up trying to understand it.

I'm not against any team in particular, mainly because I no longer support any team.

And yet there's something inexplicably gnawing about seeing grown men wear Rangers tops. Without generalising too much, most of them seem to warrant my disdain.

Not really, although I personally wouldn't buy things in black and white horizontal stripes because I don't think that's a good combination. The colours themselves are fine though.

I do tend not to buy things that are green because I don't like the colour*.

*Obviously Rangers are my 'big' team/ I went to a "non-denominational" school.

I don't mind green, I have a few dark green parkas. It's all about the shade. I have one bright green item of clothing, a t-shirt. Not a fan of bright green but dark green is good.

I never wear red clothing. It doesn't suit me and ever so slightly put off because it is the colour of Liverpool FC. I also have a blue polo top that has red and gold-ish edges on the collar. Never wear it because it looks like a Rangers polo. Bought it years ago and only wore it a few times.

I would definitely say club colours come into mind when buying new gear. These days, if a top resembled an OF top I would not buy it - even if it was a quality top from one of my favourite labels. I'd feel uncomfortable wearing something that could associate me with the scum.

Crazy idea but if Celtic and rangers were serious about getting rid of bigots then why not change colours?

Even it's for an away strip for a season. The idea of rangers having an orange strip or one with the Union Jack in the design is disgusting and shouldn't be allowed.

Crazy idea but if Celtic and rangers were serious about getting rid of bigots then why not change colours?

Even it's for an away strip for a season. The idea of rangers having an orange strip or one with the Union Jack in the design is disgusting and shouldn't be allowed.

Because bigotry is a big earner.

Because bigotry is a big earner.

Yep, there's far too many people making money from the rangers and Celtic gravy train to really criticise and try to change it.

When journalists spoke the truth about rangers cheating they were hounded so what chance would they have if they really tried to oust the elephant in the room?

That's why I cringe when you see rags like the daily record running stories on fighting bigotry. They absolutely support it by continually giving far too much coverage to the old firm.

You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

How exactly why that get rid of bigotry? (something that learned at home btw)

They've just lose a fortune in unsold kits

Archived