Club Colours - Do They Bother You?

Always plenty blue too so I usually go with them.

Fact: Away strips were invented by former Dunfermline based Scottish internationals due to them refusing to play in a dark blue jersey which resembled both Falkirk and Raith Rovers.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tangerine is an awful colour. I'm not sure if Dundee United have subconsciously influenced this since I was a child, but orange/tangerine is a no go colour.

Agreed.

Mrs Dee Dee asked me to go to the yernited shop this week, as it was her (DAB) brothers birthday Friday. "In, pick up club polo shirt (club polo's always a safe bet for a pressie eh?) and oot" I said to myself on the journey over and over again. See when you're being a total looney and talking to yourself, you don't look like such a loony to other folk. As, in this day and age, they'll assume you're on your handsfree. Mind you, f**k knows what other motorists will think when I pull up, at lights, an I'm joining in wi meh pals NWA runnin a hunner miles. That's singing, well rappinig, and I've now arrived outside the (DAB) shoppie. Double dragged a fag and I'm now inside, IMO, the most godless place imaginable.

Flash! I see it, the diamond in the toaly, a dark blue, (albeit wi white pinstripes), DUFC crested golf polo shirt. "The very dab indeed", even rubbing the material between my thumb and forefinger. My initial plan was no to touch f**k all bar the metal hook of the plastic hangars. But such was the beauty of the dark blue.

Ken what though? I didn't get it for him since I knew what his reaction would be an he's a good c**t. Got him a tangerine (again wi pinstripes) one. He likes it BTW. He also appreciates the discomfort I put myself through getting it for him. Furthermore, he was extremely grateful for my choice of colours, after I had told him what I found.

I'd imagine most, if not all, UTD fans feel the same eh?

I only read the full colour pages of 2000AD, punch nuns and refuse to eat zebra

As a long term Squaxx dek Thargo I think you'll find the pages of 2000AD are mostly all in colour these days. However having said that, how do you know Judge Death is a St Mirren fan?

Because he looks like one, arf arf.

I went to a school whose colours were maroon and white. As I was a part time Hibee at the time this did not go down well. Problem was solved- I lived in Arbroath as a very young boy and the school scarf suddenly acquired an Arbroath FC patch...

These days I don't care about colours,

Single colours (Blue, Green, Red etc) are not effected by this, although buying things that are a multi colour of things( green white and gold, red white and blue) makes me think twice.(although green is a honking colour)

Single colours (Blue, Green, Red etc) are not effected by this, although buying things that are a multi colour of things( green white and gold, red white and blue) makes me think twice.(although green is a honking colour)

post-12982-0-32148900-1407631854_thumb.j

oh, I don't know. Depends on the circumstances.....

Aye :lol: was thinking about this the other day. A suppose it is Brownings that makes the Boaby pies.

aye but thuv got wur somerset boab so its naw a killie pie ken

I never drank Darling when they sponsored the OF.

Easiest boycott ever.

I never buy pink because I hate Partick thistle away.

Edit: that's not really true.

Petty hatred is what drives the commited football fan. And they should all be committed. Basically. I know I should be.

I knew a Rangers fan in school who said that some of the people he went to Rangers game with wouldn't walk on grass. Unsure if that's true.

They were Rangers fans, so anything is possible.

My personal unscientific view is that Celtic fans and 'gers fans used to be on a par, but these days I think Celtic fans have evolved, while some Rangers fans are still absolute cavemen.

Archived