Ardagh League Cup

Ayr Victoria

Hopefully soon the folk that run West clubs become as forward thinking as their East counterparts as bin this nonsense cup.As East region fans look forward to the season starting for real the morra,we have to suffer this. :(

League started on Wednesday mate

If we started the league this weekend we could get at least a third of the season done by September & then we could maybe go the whole hog & go to a 16 team top league in years to come lol. Then again maybe am clutchin at straws

I will always care for this cup and if clubs no longer care for it then lets express it to the people who run our game and get a top league of 16 and start the league earlier.

Until then its here to stay and if its to be treated as a non event then clubs shouldn't be charging the working class man a fiver to get in to see games.

I do agree that it can be a form of an extended pre-season in the section games but I still like the tournament.

I like the format and it gives the teams good practice before the league starts.

I don't see folk moaning when there team gets in the final and win a cup.

When was the last cup Kilbirnie or Kilwinning even won without being disrespectful??

I will always care for this cup and if clubs no longer care for it then lets express it to the people who run our game and get a top league of 16 and start the league earlier.

Until then its here to stay and if its to be treated as a non event then clubs shouldn't be charging the working class man a fiver to get in to see games.

I do agree that it can be a form of an extended pre-season in the section games but I still like the tournament.

I have great memories over the years winning this cup. Goin to Rugby Park & Somerset mid October if u got to the final was 1 of the highlights of the season. Lost it's value when the costs got too high & the final moved to a junior park for me.

Now an outdated concept where even the bookies don't touch it anymore

Spoke to Mr Mcbookie tonight & said it wasn't worth touching with a bargepole .

That unfortunately says it all for me

I have great memories over the years winning this cup. Goin to Rugby Park & Somerset mid October if u got to the final was 1 of the highlights of the season. Lost it's value when the costs got too high & the final moved to a junior park for me.

Now an outdated concept where even the bookies don't touch it anymore

Spoke to Mr Mcbookie tonight & said it wasn't worth touching with a bargepole .

That unfortunately says it all for me

Agreed 100% that the final being held at a junior ground rather than a senior ground has really devalued it and that's speaking as someone who's ground has hosted it three times in recent times.

Great great memories from a youngster in winning it at Somerset and rugby park and I do still have a soft spot for it but can relate to what people are saying though.

I like the format and it gives the teams good practice before the league starts.

I don't see folk moaning when there team gets in the final and win a cup.

When was the last cup Kilbirnie or Kilwinning even won without being disrespectful??

Practice ???

You want to keep a cup so ye can practice ???.Training and pre season is for practice.

Yer no being disrespectful mate,Kilbirnie have never won a cup,we beat Cumnock 3-0 on Sept 27 2009 in the Ardagh Cup Final but we dont count that pish :)

My opinion is that of course you want to win it but not the end of the World of you don't. We have a few local derbies in our section and you never want to lose them but I'd rather win first 5 league games than the group games.

If you get to Quarter Finals then it becomes serious imo. I enjoyed our win last season.

Really like how the ladeside lads play down this tourney, Most likely with Beith in the section best they can get is 2nd place . which

would mean they play a 1st place opponent away in 1/4 finals . so out they go makes sense now..

Ohh that's fighting talk sir ;):)

Really like how the ladeside lads play down this tourney, Most likely with Beith in the section best they can get is 2nd place . which

would mean they play a 1st place opponent away in 1/4 finals . so out they go makes sense now..

3rd place would do me mate....only thing that matters is not picking up any injuries for the league starting.

Archived