Is Gardener's Question Time Racist?

Right, before I start, racism is a vile ugly stain, but this Dr Ben Pitcher has waaaaay too much time on his hands.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/11012398/Is-Gardeners-Question-Time-racist.html

It's like a poor "Not The Nine O'clock News" sketch.

I built a fence along our boundary with the neighbour last summer to keep the c**ts from the East off our flower beds. I need to undertake some cleansing of the bit by the shed though before those weedy buggers become a threat.

I built a fence along our boundary with the neighbour last summer to keep the c**ts from the East off our flower beds. I need to undertake some cleansing of the bit by the shed though before those weedy buggers become a threat.

Thinly disguised racist reference to the immigration camp at Calais IMO ;)

Is it worth pointing out that some invasive species are genuine threats?

We all know about the grey squirrels crowding out the reds, but more recently a native European species of bird was threatened with extinction through this wee American interloper:

Male_Ruddy_Duck.jpg

Cute, eh? It's a Ruddy Duck, and after a bunch escaped from wildfowl collections they built up a feral population across NW Europe.

Unfortunately, as a species it's also a rapey wee b*****d, and started shagging the closely-related and globally endangered White-headed Duck of Southern Europe into oblivion. It cost millions to get rid of the wee sex pests.

Thank goodness somebody has finally stood up to this appalling hate-filled "programme".

Unsurprised to see the usual suspects cropping up on this thread to decry it as "nonsense" :rolleyes:

...She added: “I remember back in the late 80s-early 90s when rhododendrons were seen as this huge problem, and people were talking about going out rhododendron-bashing.

“That was at a time when Paki-bashing was something that was all too prevalent on our streets.”...

Archived