So, that's pre-season over, are your team ready ?

glensmad

Wouldn't appear so!

Lost a striker midweek, still no signed keepers and struggling not to concede goals and fought hard to beat two teams at the opposite end of the game? I would say not. However there is a bit of time before the league kicks off! Fingers crossed.

Wouldn't appear so!

Lost a striker midweek, still no signed keepers and struggling not to concede goals and fought hard to beat two teams at the opposite end of the game? I would say not. However there is a bit of time before the league kicks off! Fingers crossed.

You had two different goalies in the tournament weekend, were neither of those signed ? I noticed the lad who played on Saturday was from the u21s last season, he played against our boys, think it was Tower Hearts or Harmony Row ?

So, that's pre season over, are the glens ready? you guys always seem to be missing players, then we hear you have to field u-21s, then when you make signings and anyone who' dares to question the size of your squad its always you have long term injuries etc,,, are you boys just unlucky?

So, that's pre season over, are the glens ready? you guys always seem to be missing players, then we hear you have to field u-21s, then when you make signings and anyone who' dares to question the size of your squad its always you have long term injuries etc,,, are you boys just unlucky?

It does seem that way, unfortunately. Pre-season has been very hit and miss for us, quite a few injuries, holidays and guys working due to the Commonwealth Games etc, hence us having to use u21 players in all of our friendly matches. Last night's turnout at training was much better, though, so we're looking forward to Saturday. We may not be at our sharpest during the Sectional group, but hopefully we'll be ready for the league starting in 3 weeks which is more important.

Wouldn't appear so!

Pretty confident gk will be sorted by the end of the month,Blair has shown enough in my opinion to be worth signing.Meechan when fit will be good combo with mcginto.

It does seem that way, unfortunately. Pre-season has been very hit and miss for us, quite a few injuries, holidays and guys working due to the Commonwealth Games etc, hence us having to use u21 players in all of our friendly matches. Last night's turnout at training was much better, though, so we're looking forward to Saturday. We may not be at our sharpest during the Sectional group, but hopefully we'll be ready for the league starting in 3 weeks which is more important.

think most teams are in the same boat with holidays, weddings, injuries this time of the year and as you said the league is far more important anything from the league cup is a bonus.

Pre season isn't over until the league starts. Same amount of trialists etc will play in the league cup as in friendlies. Only the smaller teams take it seriously to get a "scalp".

Correct we now go from pointless pre season kick aboots into pointless Ardagh Cup.The fact Kilbirnie have no keeper and dont seem too bothered getting one at the moment shows how little clubs regard the Ardagh.If we were going straight into league with 3 pts at stake would be a different scenario...even the ammies start the league on Sat.Cannae stand the Ardagh,feckin boring.

Positive start from Ballingry Rovers although we lost to a last minute goal at Hill of Beath....team played very well and deserved a draw and still had a few missing so onwards and upwards this Saturday when we welcome Broxburn to Ore Park

It has been a very positive pre season for Wishaw.

I've watched them draw 2-2 with Pollok (unlucky not to have won), beat 3 amatuer teams very convincingly and seen off Blackburn 3-0 then lost to Camelon but created lots of chances. Last night however must be the highlight with a 1-0 win away to Scottish Cup holders Hurlford.

I never tend to look into friendlies but its always positive to be on decent form. Well done to John and Paul + the team. Keep up the good work.

It has been a very positive pre season for Wishaw.

I've watched them draw 2-2 with Pollok (unlucky not to have won), beat 3 amatuer teams very convincingly and seen off Blackburn 3-0 then lost to Camelon but created lots of chances. Last night however must be the highlight with a 1-0 win away to Scottish Cup holders Hurlford.

I never tend to look into friendlies but its always positive to be on decent form. Well done to John and Paul + the team. Keep up the good work.

As you say, friendlies aren't always a gauge of how things will unfold, but I will keep an eye out for your results as was very impressed when we played you.

Have you held onto all the players that played against us?

Archived