Prem v Champ Attendance Totals

Hibs sales of ST are down I think, and according to today's BBC article about their failed share issue sales at Rangers are down from 38,000 to something under 20,000. On that basis there will probably be a much wider gulf to the Premiership than may have been anticipated, although it was always very very unlikely that the Championship would actually surpass it. Rangers report Ticket Solds not People Present and I suspect Hibs do as well.

Hibs sales of ST are down I think, and according to today's BBC article about their failed share issue sales at Rangers are down from 38,000 to something under 20,000. On that basis there will probably be a much wider gulf to the Premiership than may have been anticipated, although it was always very very unlikely that the Championship would actually surpass it. Rangers report Ticket Solds not People Present and I suspect Hibs do as well.

According to I think it was BT website Rangers are closer to the 18,000 mark than the 20

The smaller Championship sides only have a limited capacity which completely wipes out any chance of the Championship achieving a better average or total than the Premiership. I'm astounded so many people fail to realise this

The smaller championship, or for that matter premiership, sides won't have much to do with this question, given that they make up such a small component of the expected totals.

Saint Johnstone's cup win could see attendances double in Perth and it's effect on the overall aggregates would be negligible.

For Championship Averages to exceed Premiership averages most of the following things need to happen

Celtic to get pumped out of Europe early leaving enthusiasm and interest for the season low leading to bigger gaps than last season.

Some kind of resolution to the situation at Ibrox so the supporters would actually be able to believe in their club, or at least suspend disbelief.

A spirit of revival under the new regime at Tynecastle as supporters rally round in bigger numbers than last season

Hibs to look as of they turned things round and the worst is over so she'll shocked Hibees drift back.

Aberdeen to return to underachieving.

All 5 of those are plausible individually but even getting four out of five was unlikely and remains so

According to I think it was BT website Rangers are closer to the 18,000 mark than the 20

I see. Well if that's corrected they've dropped from 38,000 to 18,000 a loss of 20k. Allowing for Hibs being down, but most of the smaller clubs being up, you could be looking at a situation where Celtic and Aberdeen themself total about as much as the whole Championship... However you'd imagine crowds at Parkhead will be down too, although nothing like at Ibrox.

The smaller championship, or for that matter premiership, sides won't have much to do with this question, given that they make up such a small component of the expected totals.

Saint Johnstone's cup win could see attendances double in Perth and it's effect on the overall aggregates would be negligible.

For Championship Averages to exceed Premiership averages most of the following things need to happen

Celtic to get pumped out of Europe early leaving enthusiasm and interest for the season low leading to bigger gaps than last season.

Some kind of resolution to the situation at Ibrox so the supporters would actually be able to believe in their club, or at least suspend disbelief.

A spirit of revival under the new regime at Tynecastle as supporters rally round in bigger numbers than last season

Hibs to look as of they turned things round and the worst is over so she'll shocked Hibees drift back.

Aberdeen to return to underachieving.

All 5 of those are plausible individually but even getting four out of five was unlikely and remains so

Sounds just like my weekly accumulator :(

Archived