Cambuslang Rangers Friendly Sat 9th August

thelangonline

Something like that!

So when did our manager play with Camby ? He any good with yous?

Stewart Maxwell played in a Cambuslang team which included Alan Wardlaw, John Richardson, Stuart Gauley ( who eventually ended up at kirkintilloch), Jimmy Kavanagh , Billy Holmes , Gerry Malone , Gary Robertson etc

He played wide left & was a good player for us , but picked up loads of yellow cards for mouthing off for 90 mins every week. Season 2000/2001 we won the sectional league cup , got promotion & beat Tayport (at Tayport) in the Scottish when they were the top club in the country.

How do you think his first season in charge at KRR went?

Excellent post, lots of good info thanks for that.

Overall i think he did reasonably well in tough circumstances though few of the old boys do think he mouths off a bit to much, but i never hear any of it as i make a point of not watching a game near the dugouts.

Look forward to the game Saturday, I have something on but going to make an effort to get to this as haven't seen a game at the ground in about 4 years even though i pass it everyday.

Also guys have a look at how cambuslang are shaping up.

Btw some of those names he played alongside, he must be older than i thought!

Excellent post, lots of good info thanks for that.

Overall i think he did reasonably well in tough circumstances though few of the old boys do think he mouths off a bit to much, but i never hear any of it as i make a point of not watching a game near the dugouts.

Look forward to the game Saturday, I have something on but going to make an effort to get to this as haven't seen a game at the ground in about 4 years even though i pass it everyday.

Also guys have a look at how cambuslang are shaping up.

Btw some of those names he played alongside, he must be older than i thought!

He was in his early 20`s when he was at Cambuslang. Wardy & John Richardson were at the veteran stage back then.

Looking forward to the game. Should be a good test for us.

Very interesting. I know he is a local guy and has an excellent pedigree. Actually liked Willie as a player but he kept picking up niggling injuries with us. Really good signing for Lang especially for the league your in. Shoe in to get promoted looking at your team.

Archived