Bankies v Sons - Aug 6th kick off 7.15

Our last pre-season "friendly" is this Weds against our good friends from down the road.

Kick off 7.15 and prices - Adults £5 Conc £2.50 and u-12s are free at all Bankies home games

Hopefully see a few Sons fans through.

Lounge won't be open due to a change in licencing situation.

I'll be there, quite often go to Holm Park when we aren't playing.

How are your mob shaping up? I know that McPherson, Mcelroy and Vinniesta all left but saw that Ramage joined, always thought he was a decent player and hopefully he does well for you...not against us obviously though :P

I'd imagine we'll send a XI team down including Joe Coleman who was on loan at Kilbirnie last year and apparently was excellent he's impressed me in pre-season.

Intae this mob sons!!

Our last pre-season "friendly" is this Weds against our good friends from down the road.

Kick off 7.15 and prices - Adults £5 Conc £2.50 and u-12s are free at all Bankies home games

Hopefully see a few Sons fans through.

Lounge won't be open due to a change in licencing situation.

Techically are we not up the road?

This will almost certainly be a team made up of our under 20's league side plus some youths and first team fringe players.

Looking forward to it. Always enjoy the novelty of a game against Clydebank.

Ramage was crap for us, thought he was Lionel Messi. One of those players who clearly has plenty of ability with a ball, but absolutely no understanding of how to play as part of a team. I see Reece Pearson is still with you lot as well, I liked him when he was with our youths.

This will almost certainly be a team made up of our under 20's league side plus some youths and first team fringe players.

Looking forward to it. Always enjoy the novelty of a game against Clydebank.

Ramage was crap for us, thought he was Lionel Messi. One of those players who clearly has plenty of ability with a ball, but absolutely no understanding of how to play as part of a team. I see Reece Pearson is still with you lot as well, I liked him when he was with our youths.

Reece has done well..Hasnt started that many games but always gives 100% when called upon.

Not sure about Ramage yet,looks to have some nice touches but not fit enough yet to start in my opinion.

Weathers supposed to be half decent do it should be a good work out before Saturday.

Not too much,Ross McPherson,Vinny Berry and Ciaran McElroy have all gone to Queens Park.

Been replaced by Jordan Shelvey from Dumbarton Harp,Stephen Gardiner from St Pats and Graeme Ramage.

Andy Irvine,big Centre Half from Greenock Juniors,Graeme Mort from Renfrew and Johnny Allen a midfielder from Tower Hearts have come in and there`s been a couple of trialists involved who will probably get a run out tonight too.

Assuming it stays dry, I'll be heading in for this one.

Hopefully use it to give some of our fringe senior players some game time. I'd like to see the likes of Hugh Murray getting a start along with Fleming and some of the other guys who aren't necessarily going to be starters for us this year.

Great finish my McCallum for the Sons goal. That's about where the positives end.

Feel sorry for young Chris tonight. The only Fanta pants on the park and his team mates still cant find him to pass to. Spent more time shouting for the ball than playing it. The Bankies were talking to each other throughout the game - encouraging the guy in possession or directing players to mark us when we had the ball. The most I heard Colin Nish say was to ask the linesman why he flagged in the first half. Stood around with his arms crossed like a spare p***k at a whore's wedding.

I know they're youngsters and I didn't expect flowing football but we needed somebody to take control and to start directing things on the park. Big Mark was vocal about a first half header he put wide but even he didn't provide any leadership on the park. Fleming looked like a junior player.

That was ugly. Really ugly. Lumsden is an utter calamity.

Lovely finish by McCallum.

Cheers for the hospitality, Bankies. Good luck for the season.

The only thing worse than that pass to the Bankies forward in the last couple of minutes was the Clydebank player missing it.

Ach well. Like McCallum and McKerracher a lot. Joe yet again impressed me when he came on. Only other highlight was the Mark Mclaughlin to Bankies fans banter.

Agree about Lumsden, I know he's young but his distribution is appalling, barely found a Sons shirt all night and when he did it was putting the Sons player in trouble.

Good to see Paul McGinn there tonight!

The only thing worse than that pass to the Bankies forward in the last couple of minutes was the Clydebank player missing it.

Ach well. Like McCallum and McKerracher a lot. Joe yet again impressed me when he came on. Only other highlight was the Mark Mclaughlin to Bankies fans banter.

Agree about Lumsden, I know he's young but his distribution is appalling, barely found a Sons shirt all night and when he did it was putting the Sons player in trouble.

Good to see Paul McGinn there tonight!

He's so nervous and hesitant, both with the ball to his hands and to his feet. He's been like that every time I've seen him over the years. If he can't overcome those nerves then he will never get anywhere in football.

Archived