The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

I thought it was an excellent series but the only downside was that I don't really think there was any memorable bakes.   Sophie deserved to win it and Steven was a worthy runner up.

Now what will I watch on a Tuesday night?  Celebrity Hunted finished as well last night :(

46 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I thought it was an excellent series but the only downside was that I don't really think there was any memorable bakes.   Sophie deserved to win it and Steven was a worthy runner up.

Now what will I watch on a Tuesday night?  Celebrity Hunted finished as well last night :(

Kevin McLeod on with House of the Year next week. After that, f**k knows!

Glad that Steven never won as he was grinding my gears for most of the series. Was hoping Kate would pull something out the bag in the final but unfortunately wasnt to be. Cant really say that the benefits cheat didnt deserve to win though, had some great efforts from her over the whole series

Thought they'd edited it to make Sophie look a bit arrogant/smarmy towards Stephen to set up Kate winning overall. The "what happened next" bit showed that actually they were good friends. Sophie was a worthy winner and the hosts/judges have actually been an improvement on the BBC version. Prue was fantastic (just as well - she'd have got a lot more flak for the accidental reveal of she'd been rubbish) but Sandi and Noel were the big surprise. Looking forward to the next series already.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a Bake Off episode as I did with last nights charity one.

Nick Hewer is probably the worst contestant they've ever had - "Well you trying filling a biscuit" :lol:

• 5 months later...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45248320
So the new season returns on Tuesday next week and we have the new list of bakers here. 
I trust we are all rooting for Ruby to go far.

So 2 from India and 1 each from France and Belgium. No Scots to back this year unfortunately [emoji853]

1 hour ago, RosspCfc said:
7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45248320
So the new season returns on Tuesday next week and we have the new list of bakers here. 
I trust we are all rooting for Ruby to go far.

I'm going for Luke but I'm just weird that way...

I, too, will be supporting Luke.

I see they're going back to easier challenges this year. Not sure that's a good thing.

Pretty impressive start, some of the selfue biscuits looked really good.
Manon is already a favourite, stunning and can bake and a french accent! 
As hot as Ruby is, i think she is going to be a pain in the arse! 

When I first saw ruby I predicted her as winner, she looked like she’d be quite a mysterious and majestic baker until I heard her speak and she sounds like an irritating fucker.

Wonder what happened to that woman’s hand as well, hopefully not a careless cooking accident!