The Great British Bake Off

The Naitch

I've met Howard a few times since his appearance on the show and he's a top bloke. At first I think he found all the attention weird and was really shy to talk to. Very nice guy to speak to and he's still baking away in his apartment.

I envy you. It was never in doubt for a second, but it's nice to hear that he is lovely in real life.

Talking of lovely things, that black lamb was adorable. And to think that some people eat them.

Hate Jo Brand so didnt watch. Her two compulsory cake jokes in anything she appears on are always shite so 30 minutes of "i love cake cause i'm fat" would be hell.

That was pretty much her schtick for this show as well.

It doesn't seem right having a Great British Bake Off hate figure, as that's far more of a Masterchef thing, but Jordan really isn't making things easy here.

Yeah, they've picked a right gem in our Jordan haven't they?

I thought that some of those showstoppers were pretty good. You could tell that Diana and Norman are used to just delivering good bakes without all that fannying about, though.

The other thing about Jordan is that he looks as if his personal hygiene may be less than exemplary. I don't much fancy sampling anything he's kneaded with his grubby paws.

Putting aside such negativity, I do really like both Chetna and Norman thus far. I was happy that the latter squeeked through last night.

Still not enjoying the spin off show. That absolute nobody of a comedian was horrendous, but enough about Jo Brand. Charlie Baker, if I heard his name right, was dreadful.

Great seeing Monica Galetti getting some airtime. Have her on every week and it might just work.

Norman can't keep the basic stuff up, he's going to have to try some different stuff. Jordan was just ridiculous and gave me the boak.

Martha gets on my nerves and will no doubt go far as she is young and they will give her the "ruby " treatment.

By miles the best thing on telly.

High drama in the tent!

Not sure I'll look at Diana in quite the same way again...

First of all, what way were you looking at Diane? That's a bookable offence, surely?

But yeah - she was partly to blame - yet nothing was mentioned at the end.

Also, the fact that they never showed Ian and Diane making up or at least having a word about it means it probably didn't happen. Awkward as f**k.

He acted like a bit of a knob though, to be fair.

He could have reacted a lot worse. If someone took my ice cream out the freezer I'd be ready to kick the old bint in the pie. It wasn't the most mature thing to do but I'd be absolutely seething. Shame he's out, though I did have beard envy.

I hope Martha wins. She seems genuinely pleased about what she's doing and it's impressive at 17. The builder lad's got it in the bag though.