Central Sectional League Cup Group 4

glensmad

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bishop's a big miss, he's ma pal n a crackin player. heard he's back in training noo, but was a bad injury

Yes, he has been a big miss, but I'm pleased to say he came through 90 minutes of tonight's friendly.

Boys where on fire tonight with a devastating display by David Galt in an 8-2 win. He was unplayable and was at the heart of everything Vic's done. Great achievement for the Vic's winning the section as it's first time in 19 years. Let's hope we can has same display from the team in the quarters. Well done boys

Vale of Clyde 3-2 cambuslang rangers

After going 1-0 down to a cracking strike from Wullie Easton I felt we totally dominated the second half and if I'm being honest it could have been a bigger margin win by us.

Got to agree with Blantyre Vics analysis. They absolutly battered us tonight especially in the first half. The lad Gault was outstanding. They now have a blend of physical play with some very talented football.players. They will be a very real prospect for promotion again. They are by far the strongest ive seen them in 8 years of playing against them.

Going down to 9 didnt help it only made a bad night worse.Absolutly no excuses from us.

Vale of Clyde 3-2 cambuslang rangers

After going 1-0 down to a cracking strike from Wullie Easton I felt we totally dominated the second half and if I'm being honest it could have been a bigger margin win by us.

I thought Cambuslang more than matched your lot for 90mins.

There were great chances , great saves & unbelievable sitters missed at both ends from start to finish.

Good game.

I thought Cambuslang more than matched your lot for 90mins.

There were great chances , great saves & unbelievable sitters missed at both ends from start to finish.

Good game.

it was a good game played at a high tempo for the full game. All the very best for the season ahead

Glencairn finish 2nd in the group after a comfortable win today against Vale of Clyde, which sees us finish the section unbeaten. We're gradually getting players back now and it's beginning to show.

No doubt who won the JC v JC goalie battle, a clean sheet for the pupil. ;-) What's that old phrase, "those who can't do, teach" ? :-P

Interesting to see East Kilbride beating Cambuslang, Wardy will have enjoyed that one I'm sure. ;-)

Can't disagree peter yous deserved the win no question about it. I was absolutely rotten and let my teammates down with my performance especially the 3rd goal. All the best for the season to the glens. Sometimes you learn more from a defeat so we'll work hard this week and try get off to a winning start in the league

Can't disagree peter yous deserved the win no question about it. I was absolutely rotten and let my teammates down with my performance especially the 3rd goal. All the best for the season to the glens. Sometimes you learn more from a defeat so we'll work hard this week and try get off to a winning start in the league

A bit hard on yoursel JC. I think you lost concentration for the 3rd goal, The other JC would have saved that one :) , but nobody would have saved the 2nd, and the 4th was perfectly placed. The one you fumbled, which didn't lead to a goal, took a wicked bounce in front of you. Highlights will be up first thing tomorrow, if not tonight.

A bit hard on yoursel JC. I think you lost concentration for the 3rd goal, The other JC would have saved that one :) , but nobody would have saved the 2nd, and the 4th was perfectly placed. The one you fumbled, which didn't lead to a goal, took a wicked bounce in front of you. Highlights will be up first thing tomorrow, if not tonight.

110% correct about 3rd goal I got too caught up on trying to push the boys up that I took my head out the game and paid the price. But I'll take it as a learning curve and I'm not too old to admit im still learning every game but it was a school boy error

Archived