Queens v Alloa

Hard game to start with.

We have a lot of players out with injury.

Mitchell Burns Kerr McKenna and Paton all out.

Baird and Dowie are at best 50-50 to make the game.

The team really picks itself just now only really11 fit players with the bench full of young players.

Hopefully we will start with a win but a lot of good players out.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard game to start with.

The team really picks itself just now only really11 fit players with the bench full of young players.

Whats your source for that bit?

Personally, Id like to see Russell finally moved up front. However, its unlikely to happen in this game with the number of players we have out

Hard game to start with.

I'm not suggesting it's going to be easy because I doubt if it will be.

In terms of the League fixtures we'll face this season though, this should on paper, be one of the very least hard. Getting to play possibly the least fancied of the part-time sides at home gives us as good a chance as we're likely to get, to secure three points.

We're obviously pretty depleted, but we must aim to win this and get off to a flyer.

It's as good a start as we could have asked for and pretty essential that we win it. I think we will.

I don't think Baird's injury is anything too serious and I expect him to play. Likewise I can't imagine Dowie's injury is too serious considering he played on for a while after it was sustained. It was only when we went 2-0 and the game was essentially done and dusted that he came off.

Even if Baird doesn't make it we are well covered with Reilly, and Lyle made a strong case yesterday for being kept in the team.

Of all the injured players Kerr is probably the biggest loss. We missed his calming influence yesterday as we gifted possesion with too many slack passes. I can't say I was hugely impressed by Fowler, and his replacement Dzierzawski was largely anonymous as he tends to be.

Great chance to pick up 6 points in first two matches

Worried about back four though

Watched the Livingston goals in this site a few time and they look worse each viewing

Its the same back four as last season though, minus Mitchell. While the Livingston defending was horrific - and their inability to score in 120 minutes against Albion Rovers suggests the scoreline was more down to our poor play than there good - it was just one game

It's as good a start as we could have asked for and pretty essential that we win it. I think we will.

I don't think Baird's injury is anything too serious and I expect him to play. Likewise I can't imagine Dowie's injury is too serious considering he played on for a while after it was sustained. It was only when we went 2-0 and the game was essentially done and dusted that he came off.

Even if Baird doesn't make it we are well covered with Reilly, and Lyle made a strong case yesterday for being kept in the team.

Of all the injured players Kerr is probably the biggest loss. We missed his calming influence yesterday as we gifted possesion with too many slack passes. I can't say I was hugely impressed by Fowler, and his replacement Dzierzawski was largely anonymous as he tends to be.

Baird will play saturday

Hard game to start with.

Utter p1sh

Baird was ready yesterday but was given another week to make sure there was no relapse

Going by last seasons results this is a game I was dreading for this season. Contrary to most fans thoughts though I think Alloa have improved there overall playing squad this season especially up front bringing in squad and first team players. With Alloa now having strikers more capable of scoring and queens fans saying alot of there team is out I now feel a bit more confident though.

Barry Smith also seems to be adding his own tactics into the squad now and the football isn't looking so defensive minded which may help a bit this season.

Going by last seasons results this is a game I was dreading for this season. Contrary to most fans thoughts though I think Alloa have improved there overall playing squad this season especially up front bringing in squad and first team players. With Alloa now having strikers more capable of scoring and queens fans saying alot of there team is out I now feel a bit more confident though.

Barry Smith also seems to be adding his own tactics into the squad now and the football isn't looking so defensive minded which may help a bit this season.

Excuse my ignorance, but who have Alloa brought in?

Excuse my ignorance, but who have Alloa brought in?

Greig Spence really to be fair is the only proven player at this level and he has scored 4 goals in 2 competitive games so far. Although Ashgar, Docherty and Buchanan have impressed me along with Weatherston and Hetherington coming in to add a little bit more depth. Only time will tell but from pre-season the players look like hidden gems to me.

Greig Spence really to be fair is the only proven player at this level and he has scored 4 goals in 2 competitive games so far. Although Ashgar, Docherty and Buchanan have impressed me along with Weatherston and Hetherington coming in to add a little bit more depth. Only time will tell but from pre-season the players look like hidden gems to me.

Is Adam Asghar getting a game?

Is Adam Asghar getting a game?

been coming off the bench from the games I have been to so far although I have already missed a few of the games he has done well off the bench and I think he will eventually be close to gaining a first team place at least.

been coming off the bench from the games I have been to so far although I have already missed a few of the games he has done well off the bench and I think he will eventually be close to gaining a first team place at least.

I reckon he is a bit away at this stage. The starting midfield yesterday is probably the first choice pick and then you have Flannigan, plus the gaffer put Hetherington on ahead of Asghar yesterday. I only saw the lad play at Oban then a few minutes at Arbroath but he didn't do anything to suggest he is going to be a regular starter at this stage. A squad player I would guess who will need to work at getting a regular place.

Our record at Palmerston is pretty rubbish and we will need to play much better than we did yesterday to have a chance. On the positive side we have a striker who poses a goal threat and after 2 games has 1 less goal than our main striker scored all last season.

I reckon he is a bit away at this stage. The starting midfield yesterday is probably the first choice pick and then you have Flannigan, plus the gaffer put Hetherington on ahead of Asghar yesterday. I only saw the lad play at Oban then a few minutes at Arbroath but he didn't do anything to suggest he is going to be a regular starter at this stage. A squad player I would guess who will need to work at getting a regular place.

Our record at Palmerston is pretty rubbish and we will need to play much better than we did yesterday to have a chance. On the positive side we have a striker who poses a goal threat and after 2 games has 1 less goal than our main striker scored all last season.

I was at a wedding Saturday so can't comment on the midfield from that game

Hard to know where Queens are at the moment. Going forward the team looks to have a threat with Russell looking excellent so far.

We will know after the first few games where we stand for for the first quarter of the season. Then when all the injured players are back Queens will get another boost.

As to the game against Alloa I think it will be tight with hopefully Queens managing a winning start to the season.

While the Livingston defending was horrific - and their inability to score in 120 minutes against Albion Rovers suggests the scoreline was more down to our poor play than there good - it was just one game

:lol: Two different sets of circumstances but yes, continue to give us little to no credit for the victory.

:lol: Two different sets of circumstances but yes, continue to give us little to no credit for the victory.

That isnt what I said.

Almost the same Livingston side that put four past Queens failed to score in 120 minutes against a league two side. Its hardly a huge leap to suggest that a large part of that was down to Queens poor defending

Archived