Rangers FC v Heart of Midlothian FC

The Rangers diddies so confident. Superb.

4-0 Hearts. Big Zal chucking them in with his bombscare antics all over the shop. His 2 year purple patch ended 2 years ago lads.

Alim to bend Kris Boyd over and apply the full dry Turkish Delight for 65 minutes before Sally chucks Elbows up front in his place.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it was 1-0 for quite a while until the eventual Queen of the South collapse late in the game. The same thing happened at Falkirk until Templeton made it 2-0 in the 90th minute. Both were close matches but Rangers were the better team in both and never conceded a goal.

It was the 90th minute before you even went one up at Falkirk.

Watching this game the now and being 100% truthfully honest, anything less than 3 points on Sunday is a failure on our part. This Rangers team is chronic.

Please don't build us up for a fall HD :(

Please don't build us up for a fall HD :(

My honest assessment is this:

Rangers looked unfit, lazy, devoid of pace and creativity, aged, lacking cutting edge, shambolic in defence, awful on the wings and just all round garbage.

If a Hearts manager had our players as ill prepared for a season as that I'd be absolutely fucking raging. It looks very much like Sally has gotten complacent.

Of course, Rangers are favourites. Their names on the teamsheet are big names. On paper they should be a decent side and if it clicks in spite of McCoist I'd expect them to beat us.

However, that's on paper. Rangers looked ill prepared tonight and against a team as unfit as they looked and as poor in defence I'd be disappointed in us dropping points against them.

Alexander

McGhee Ozturk Wilson McHattie

Buaben Gomis Holt

Walker/King Sow Nicholson

Boyd Miller

Wallace Law Black Macleod Foster

Zaliukas McCulloch McGregor

Bell

If that's what we're looking at in this game, Walker/King and Nicholson will have an absolute field day. Sow will win Aerial duals all day long and I'd fancy our midfield 3 to dominate theirs.

My biggest worry would be Boyds ability to score from anything. Miller is an utter shithouse and looked utterly woeful tonight.

Rangers looked unfit, lazy, devoid of pace and creativity, aged, lacking cutting edge, shambolic in defence, awful on the wings and just all round garbage.

If a Hearts manager had our players as ill prepared for a season as that I'd be absolutely fucking raging. It looks very much like Sally has gotten complacent.

Of course, Rangers are favourites. Their names on the teamsheet are big names. On paper they should be a decent side and if it clicks in spite of McCoist I'd expect them to beat us.

However, that's on paper. Rangers looked ill prepared tonight and against a team as unfit as they looked and as poor in defence I'd be disappointed in us dropping points against them.

I hope you're right!

Has there been a single minute of pre-season where we haven't had two strikers? Or a main striker with a second striker playing off him? There have been plenty of opportunities to try out a midfield three of Gomis, Buaben and Holt and they've never been taken. I'd be surprised if we switched to a midfield three based on that. I reckon we'll play:

Alexander

Nicholson Buaben Gomis King

Carrick

Sow

Buaben/Holt and Carrick/Oliver are the only question marks I'd say. I suppose a midfield three might make more sense against a 3-5-2 formation but as I say, we've had plenty of opportunities to try it and never have.

It's a shame Paterson is out because I think he and Nicholson could have given Wallace a lot of problems. Based on the little I've seen/heard of El Hassnaoui I reckon this type of game might have suited him as well.

I never like to make a prediction that we'll win a game beforehand out of it possibly coming back to bite me on the arse, but I really, really, REALLY, fancy ourselves against them on Sunday. I will be very disappointed if we leave Ibrox empty handed.

Bring them the f**k on.

I was one of the fools who went last night but I'm away to Amsterdam on Friday so I'll miss this.

Big improvement needed from us, no idea what to expect tbh.

Would like to see us start with four at the back but who knows.

Alexander

Buaben Gomis Holt

Walker/King Sow Nicholson

Boyd Miller

Wallace Law Black Macleod Foster

Zaliukas McCulloch McGregor

Bell

If that's what we're looking at in this game, Walker/King and Nicholson will have an absolute field day. Sow will win Aerial duals all day long and I'd fancy our midfield 3 to dominate theirs.

My biggest worry would be Boyds ability to score from anything. Miller is an utter shithouse and looked utterly woeful tonight.

Think Walker is suspended mate so King will start, but I think you're right, I think we'll drop the second striker for this one and play Holt in a more advanced role in a midfield 5.

If we play a high tempo pressing game and don't freeze early doors we can win this. That Rangers backline can definitely be got at.

Archived