Internet Speed

Romeo

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the best speed I've achieved since TalkTalk received the switchover notice from Plusnet:

3666403698.png

Upload speed is normally at 0.06Mb/s.

f**k me, reminds me of the dark days of dial up :lol:

Considering how much more media-rich the web is compared to fifteen years ago, it actually does feel like dial-up.

Never mind, Plusnet setting up fibre broadband tomorrow. TalkTalk have celebrated by charging me twice as much as normal for our latest bill. Awful company.

Funny how the 3 people with the worst speeds on this thread are all with TalkTalk!

Time I pulled my finger out and got a decent provider.

As always, with these discussions, it very much depends where you are. I had no problems at all with Talktalk and got much better speeds than I would have elsewhere.

I just checked and my contract with Sky fibre is up, so BT Infinity, here I come :)

Would getting fibre optic stop the wireless internet cutting out when the phone rings? Not asking for other solutions having tried most, just looking for another excuse to upgrade. And would live tv stop juddering and freezing?

Would getting fibre optic stop the wireless internet cutting out when the phone rings? Not asking for other solutions having tried most, just looking for another excuse to upgrade. And would live tv stop juddering and freezing?

Yes, probably. And yes, definitely. In that order.

I pay for Infinity 2 through BT and currently get 1.87Mbs. Some kind of fault, and it's getting fixed apparently. Although it's been like this for a couple of weeks.

Archived