Internet Speed

Romeo

13 hours ago, supermik said:

Currently on bt broadband along with bt television box. Absolutely shite! If you don’t have the sports package then it is basically a recordable freeview box. The internet speed has always been quite poor with them. Told them that I was leaving them at the end of the month to go back to Sky. Guess they must have taken the hump at that. Broadband speed is now 0.5 meg.

Same with myself, found them to be pretty poor. Contract ends next month so going to give them the notification that we will be leaving.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Same with myself, found them to be pretty poor. Contract ends next month so going to give them the notification that we will be leaving.

Remember to check your average speed before you tell them. Then you will be able to see if they slow you down before leaving.

4 minutes ago, supermik said:

Remember to check your average speed before you tell them. Then you will be able to see if they slow you down before leaving.

Only been them for a year and our speed drops all the time. Ring them up, gets restored for a few weeks and then reverts. Do have it all documented. 

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com

Entering your details into the above link will tell you what speeds should be available on your line. If you are well below the provisioned speed then I would think you have cause to complain to your ISP. Unless you have a fair usage policy in your contract then I don’t see how they can throttle your bandwidth.

Im with BT on their fastest package. Supposed to be around 60ish Mbps. The router is synced at 56 and the speed test come out at around 50 ... cant complain really.

Sky reckon I'll get 40 Mbps at most. Last time I was with Sky, we constantly got half the synced speed. There were lots of forum posts about it but Sky never wanted to fix it

Archived