Away fans adult prices

I wouldn't watch Southamton v Stoke/Hull/Newcastle/West Ham/Swansea/Burnley/Crystal Palace/Villa/West Brom etc if it was on in my back garden.

You make it sound like some travesty that Hearts charge the same as an average, forgettable English side.

^^^ couldn't afford to watch them.

Deluded if he thinks Scottish Championship Hearts are anywhere near as big as any of the rich EPL teams mentioned. Also forgets that all those average teams would utterly dismantle any team in Scotland, and probably their development teams would as well.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A top half English Premiership team.

The price I mentioned was due to information I read that Sunderland were reimbursing all the fans who witnessed the 8-0 thumping on Saturday.

It went on to say all fans will get the £24 ticket refunded.

If this info is incorrect I apologise but I was fed false data too

It's not so much incorrect as incomplete.

Sunderland were already subsidising the normal £34 ticket price for season ticket holders by a tenner.

They've now picked up the rest of the bill as well.

So while it's true that Sunderland supporters paid £24 it's also true that Southampton charged £34

That would explain the confusion.

http://www.safc.com/news/ticket-news/2014/october/southampton-sold-out

If Hearts played in the EPL we'd be pulling in 40,000 punters every week. A far bigger club with far more potential than dross like QPR and Burnley.

Potential in what? This will be fucking hilarious if you're going to try anything about crowds, TV revenues, player quality etc.

You don't play in the EPL and never will. If the old firm can't get in what chance have Hearts? There is no potential.

They are in the premiership in england you are in the seaside championship league in scotland so you bet its a travesty.Then we have hibs charging £28 for a game in the seaside championship league.

75% of the season is spent playing pish like I've listed above. Don't be fooled by the hype.

The thing is, English teams don't need to rely on ticket money whereas in Scotland, it's pretty much a clubs only income. Makes the ticket prices seem more realistic when you see it that way.

I could go and see Fury at the pictures tonight and that would cost £12/13. I've been to see Hearts this season where it has cost about £17. I know what I enjoy more.

The ticket price thing is a bit of a myth. Put a winning team on the park and fans will pay what is required no problem. That is certainly the case at Hearts anyway.

If Hearts played in the EPL we'd be pulling in 40,000 punters every week. A far bigger club with far more potential than dross like QPR and Burnley.

Apart from the fact that Tynecastle is about the same size as Loftus Road and a little smaller than Turf Moor.

It's probably true to say that EPL football at Murrayfield could pull big crowds but that goes for any sizeable catchment area in a country that doesn't already host one of the major leagues.

An EPL Franchise in Brussels, Zurich, Oslo, New York or Dublin would do good business too.

This says more about the strength of the EPL brand than about Hearts, Grasshoppers, QPR, St Patricks or Burnley.

Incidentally Burnley are about as expensive as Southampton and QPR are another tenner on top of that.

Liverpool subsidised their supporters for the visit to Loftus Road by £4/head meaning that most of them only had to pay £51 a ticket and a few got in as cheaply as £46

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/qpr-v-lfc-ticket-details-2

Hearts prices for visitors are more like Doncaster Rovers

Potential in what? This will be fucking hilarious if you're going to try anything about crowds, TV revenues, player quality etc.

You don't play in the EPL and never will. If the old firm can't get in what chance have Hearts? There is no potential.

Hearts have massive potential to continue growing as a club irrespective of the fact we're not playing in the EPL circus.

It merely automatically inflates diddy teams like QPR and Burnley's stature.

The question of whether Hearts are of comparable stature to minor Premiership teams or not is something of a moot point in this thread and arguing about the alternative reality where we're in the premiership is unlikely to lead to a solid conclusion.

It was only brought up because Gaz FFC thought that Hearts were charging English premiership prices

In fact closer examination shows that Hearts prices wouldn't look out of place in the English 3rd tier.

Prestonians visiting Leyton Orient pay the same £23 as Hearts charge Falkirk, for Swindon it's a little more £25, Rochdale a little less £20

http://www.pnefc.net/tickets/ticket-prices/

Incidentally if you think that big club/diddy club attendance wankthreads are bad on here you should see some of the Blackburn vs. Burnley arguments I stumbled on while gathering data for this thread.

It's not so much incorrect as incomplete.

Sunderland were already subsidising the normal £34 ticket price for season ticket holders by a tenner.

They've now picked up the rest of the bill as well.

So while it's true that Sunderland supporters paid £24 it's also true that Southampton charged £34

That would explain the confusion.

http://www.safc.com/news/ticket-news/2014/october/southampton-sold-out

Ok, thanks for clearing that up and I apologise for my error in the original text

Ok, thanks for clearing that up and I apologise for my error in the original text

No apology needed

The phenomenon of subsidised away tickets was as surprising to me as it was to you.

The EPL clearly thinks that having a vibrant away contingent is important presumably because it gives the Cameras something to shoot after the visitors score.

Archived