Bankies 2 Accies u20s 1

BANKIEBILL

A better performance from us and a lot to do with a lot less tinkering and everyone playing in their best positions. Andrew's hold up play is fantastic and none more so than how he controlled the pass fired at him b4 setting up Martin for his goal. Great to see Harvie get a run out and with Shelvey maybe our attacking options not so limited although Campbell is much more effective joining the attack rather than leading it. Hopefully Budgie now has a good idea how his starting XI will shape up come the all important first league game.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent workout for us against a fairly youthful Hamilton team.

Don't care if it was first team, U20s or U10s, you play to win regardless. We played some good stuff and probably deserved more goals.

Real stuff starts soon and thats when results really begin to matter.

Decent workout for us against a fairly youthful Hamilton team.

Don't care if it was first team, U20s or U10s, you play to win regardless. We played some good stuff and probably deserved more goals.

Real stuff starts soon and thats when results really begin to matter.

Great friendly against a pro team....players will take a lot from that game.

ahh but they were wee boys.....16 , 17 , 18 years old.......

but the bankies won easily and you outplayed them , but your still fecking moaning :lol:

never once have I talked Clydebank down...why would I ?

you worry about Clydebank and I will worry about our adventures in the big leagues ......deal ??

post-14714-14067535063546_thumb.jpg

Friendly matches are more about the damn performances than anything else. From what I saw from that Accies side, they were difficult to break down for most of the game, and took full advantage of the ref's leniency of it being a friendly to just break up the game with fouls. They lacked a cutting edge up front and despite having a lot of the ball, were quite wasteful with it. The fact they only scored with their one genuine chance that wasn't a pot-shot from about 25 yards told the story from their perspective. It was a very good test for the Bankies side who have a lot of young, less experienced players themselves and as well as defending fairly well, they also played some nice football at times and could've added to the two goals scored.

Things are shaping up quite nicely for us, still a few things to work on but it's important to keep this momentum going, and it'd be very nice if we can beat Dumbarton next week at Holm Park!

ahh but they were wee boys.....16 , 17 , 18 years old.......

but the bankies won easily and you outplayed them , but your still fecking moaning :lol:

never once have I talked Clydebank down...why would I ?

you worry about Clydebank and I will worry about our adventures in the big leagues ......deal ??

Why would I be worried about Clydebank?

I expected a tougher test is all I`m saying.

Why send a team of "wee boys" when your 1st team are playing English teams that are probably worse than we are?

Is it a case of not wanting to send them in case they get embarrassed?

If you watched the match you`d see that the Junior hammer thrower tag is misplaced,so why play Shildon etc and not us?

There is a chance that Accies would be embarrassed is all I`m saying and its maybe a chance that they`d rather not take?

We certainly wouldn't do any worse than the teams Accies were playing down south!

There is still a perception mainly from people who haven't seen a game that the Juniors is full of old cloggers.

The top end of the Juniors is the best value for money football in Scotland.

Aye cause Talbot got a real showing up at Tynecastle...............

A pre season friendly is not exactly the same as a Scottish Cup 4th Round tie. Talk about 'cup finals' etc.

Maybe it is to Clydebank though?

I would`ve thought its more likely to be close in a pre-season friendly than in a Scottish Cup tie surely?

We played Thorniewood in their cup final,how`d that one go again.................. :P

We lost. Just like we did in the previous round...

Our real cup final was our final league game at Yoker; a game we took 12 players to and won 4-2.

Archived