Bankies 2 Accies u20s 1

BANKIEBILL

I would`ve thought its more likely to be close in a pre-season friendly than in a Scottish Cup tie surely?

We played Thorniewood in their cup final,how`d that one go again.................. :P

right you enough of that, just when I erased that night from my memory, you bring it flooding all back :lol:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Useless debating about it unless it actually happens. Without sounding disrespectful to the Hamilton U20s who, despite making it a tough game, were still second-best. a lot of Clydebank fans were expecting the Accies first team (a deal which was agreed while they were still a championship side, so perhaps they wanted better preparation now they're in the top flight). Even if it was the Accies first team and even if Clydebank had still won, it's still a friendly at the end of the day.

Accies have a couple of promising young players (as always) but we wanted to see one of our best players we've ever had at the club in recent years, who Hamilton signed from us full-time, and who featured for Accies as they beat Hibs in that play-off, play with his new team and show us how well he has done since then and the standard he is now playing at. Instead we got a bunch of eager kids, some unsure how to pass, some unsure how to tackle, some just unsure what to do when on the ball - all while that former player of ours, like he's done several times since departing us for Accies, stood in the terraces watching on.

I would like to think a more serious friendly could be arranged, with the Accies taking it more seriously (and I'd hope we would do the same as we also chopped and changed a fair bit last week), just for the sake of getting to welcome what is statistically one of the 12 best teams in Scottish football to Holm Park.

As for playing competitively - not anytime soon obviously, for the simplest reasons that we cannot compete in the Scottish Cup proper, having not won the league or Scottish Junior Cup. Obviously Accies would be overwhelming favourites, but it means very little sometimes when the game kicks off and one kick can seal a footballer into a club's folklore. For now we'd be happy to get the real Accies team for a proper test of our abilities, even if it was just a friendly.

Let's move on end of the day it was a friendly against a good u20s side who the bookies made favourites bet365 bankies were 16/5 n paddy power 10/3 I couldn't care less wit team hamilton brought aslong as daz played but he never so time 2 move on good luck 2 daz in premier.

Mon the papers

Got to agree wi Dave on this one and the whole point for many Clydebank fans was just to see Daz grace Holm Park again and was a bit disappointed he didn't get at least a 20min run-out. But in true Daz class he stayed and watched whole game and was as approachable as ever. As for the debate who cares what team was out as you can't read too much into pre-season friendlies although from our point of view it was our best performance so far and always nice to keep the run of victories going. Onwards and Upwards as they say....

Archived