Beith Juniors v Kilmarnock XI

Hertha_BJFC

This game will take place this coming Wednesday the 30th of July at Bellsdale park with a 7pm kick off.

Hoping for a good crowd on the night from local people and also any Kilmarnock fans from a wee bit further afield.

All will be made most welcome on the night . :)

Typical pre season game. Thought the game was pretty flat. Missed kick off and was walking round the back of the goal for Killie's opener what a strike it was! Keeper had no chance. Killie kept the ball very well with short simple passes but to be fair Beith in the first half matched them at times. Missed the sending off for Beith as was at the toilet so can't comment on that. Game wasn't great but pre season is all about match fitness.

Typical pre season game. Thought the game was pretty flat. Missed kick off and was walking round the back of the goal for Killie's opener what a strike it was! Keeper had no chance. Killie kept the ball very well with short simple passes but to be fair Beith in the first half matched them at times. Missed the sending off for Beith as was at the toilet so can't comment on that. Game wasn't great but pre season is all about match fitness.

GG

Well the referee (grant irvine?) gave our match fitness a great test after sending David McGowan off after 29 minutes via a straight red card for a bit of mouthing.

Kilmarnock were very sharp and well done to them tonight but surely the referee if anything must adopt a common sense approach and tell our management to take the player off to cool down with another player being brought on?

I heard the player shouting a bit into the referees direction after we should have had a free kick for a clear foul and if the referee remains consistent for the rest of the season then we will be witnessing 8 v 8 for sure.

Sadly common sense for whatever reason is being battered out of our referees and tonight should have saw common sense prevailing as I will guarantee that similar incidents will pass all season long without the theatrics of tonight's match referee.

This aside though I felt Kilmarnock had some good players on show tonight and played very well.

Just looked at the team, basically an U19 Killie side.

One player over that age (Ross Davidson who scored the opener)

Rest all 16-19. Ross Davidson and Greg Kiltie only two with any first team experience. Handful of game between them.

The problem with a lot of referees these days is they have no experience of playing the game themselves. These things are said in games and the smart thing for the referee to do, especially in a pre season friendly is to speak to the players management or even the player himself. Unfortunately many of the referees are looking to be fast tracked to the SPFL so even in friendlies they go by the book. Disappointing thing is for beith is the lad will miss the opening games of the season. May take in the Beith v Pollock game on Saturday. Should be a cracker.

GG

Well the referee (grant irvine?) gave our match fitness a great test after sending David McGowan off after 29 minutes via a straight red card for a bit of mouthing.

Kilmarnock were very sharp and well done to them tonight but surely the referee if anything must adopt a common sense approach and tell our management to take the player off to cool down with another player being brought on?

I heard the player shouting a bit into the referees direction after we should have had a free kick for a clear foul and if the referee remains consistent for the rest of the season then we will be witnessing 8 v 8 for sure.

Sadly common sense for whatever reason is being battered out of our referees and tonight should have saw common sense prevailing as I will guarantee that similar incidents will pass all season long without the theatrics of tonight's match referee.

This aside though I felt Kilmarnock had some good players on show tonight and played very well.

Bloody freenlies eh mate

Better off withoot them.:)

Bloody freenlies eh mate

Better off withoot them.:)

Definately mate. ;)

There was a young kilbirnie boy playing for Kilmarnock last night called David syme who played centre half.

A solid big guy for his age and for his young years he looked as old as one of the Saudi Arabian team that beat Scotland in the world youth cup final back in 1989 at hampden. :)

A solid big guy for his age and for his young years he looked as old as one of the Saudi Arabian team that beat Scotland in the world youth cup final back in 1989 at hampden. :)

I remember that well, lol. I remember Only An Excuse saying the Saudi team had something that they could tell their grandchildren......when they phoned them after the game. :thumsup2

I remember that well, lol. I remember Only An Excuse saying the Saudi team had something that they could tell their grandchildren......when they phoned them after the game. :thumsup2

:) And the rumours at the time were that the saudi boys were all visiting Victorias nightclub in sauchiehall street the night that they won the youth world cup final.

Apparently they were refused entry for being too old looking, too scruffy and far too unshaven. :)

Remember kicking the telly when that dick Dick missed a sitter...did he no play for Arthurlie at some point ?.

The Saudis had facial hair yet the Scottish boys had still to grow baw hair.

:) Kevin mcgoldrick from just up the road in Johnstone I'm sure was our best player and I'm sure he later piled the pounds on due to a love for a few sandro's fish suppers too many. :)

Paul dickov was another noteworthy who featured for us against the Saudi freaks of humanity.

Have to say I don't understand the issue with the referee here. If he has been quite severely verbally abused (obviously to what extent we don't know) then why should he do the player any favours?

All that will happen is he will suffer a torrent of abuse the remainder of the game more severe than common throughout the league, with players having the comfort of of believing they will just be told to go and "calm down".

You do complain about this game being a typical pre-season game (i.e. boring), so if you want a more interesting spectacle would it not make more sense for the games to be more competitive and closer replicate a proper game, i.e. with proper refereeing?

Have to say I don't understand the issue with the referee here. If he has been quite severely verbally abused (obviously to what extent we don't know) then why should he do the player any favours?

All that will happen is he will suffer a torrent of abuse the remainder of the game more severe than common throughout the league, with players having the comfort of of believing they will just be told to go and "calm down".

You do complain about this game being a typical pre-season game (i.e. boring), so if you want a more interesting spectacle would it not make more sense for the games to be more competitive and closer replicate a proper game, i.e. with proper refereeing?

All I will say is that I will as a beith juniors fan be monitoring this referees progress all season long to see if he remains consistent.

If so then we will be witnessing 8v8 under this guys presence.

Time will tell as in my opinion he was out to make an impression in a game that was passing by with little or no incident.

Yes , players shouldn't be answering referees back but if the referee does his job correct in making basic decisions in the first place then wouldn't this also curb players frustration in mouthing back. ?

As said before there is far too much fast tracking of refs in our game and these referees seem to have never played the game in dealing with issues that could be handled far easier.

Expect loads of sending offs from Mr Irvine this season if he remains consistent .

All I will say is that I will as a beith juniors fan be monitoring this referees progress all season long to see if he remains consistent.

If so then we will be witnessing 8v8 under this guys presence.

Time will tell as in my opinion he was out to make an impression in a game that was passing by with little or no incident.

Yes , players shouldn't be answering referees back but if the referee does his job correct in making basic decisions in the first place then wouldn't this also curb players frustration in mouthing back. ?

As said before there is far too much fast tracking of refs in our game and these referees seem to have never played the game in dealing with issues that could be handled far easier.

Expect loads of sending offs from Mr Irvine this season if he remains consistent .

Fair enough I maybe skipped over your comment a bit.

Agree with you that the main problem with these referees is that they are all young guys who have never played the game (probably because they couldn't), and hence don't understand all the little intricacies. It is obvious from speaking to them whenever I have been pulled up for fouls etc. that they really do see the game in the most obscure way, and it is frustrating when you try to explain to them what is really happening, but they are so blinded in their arrogance to acknowledge you.

I am maybe being over cynical but I get the impression that they are somewhat bitter about not being able to play to any level, and so referee in a manner that places them at the centre of attention, trying to feel more important to the game than they are.

P.S. I don't have the best disciplinary record :)

You've just given the solution - the player shouldn't answer back. Do they actually think they will change the referees mind by shouting at him? A poor decision according to one team is a great decision according to the opponent. The referee can never keep everyone happy.

Football is unique as most of it's supporters appear to think that shouting abuse at a referee is alright as long as you've been given a wrong decision. It's silly, it's wrong and is counter-productive.

:) Kevin mcgoldrick from just up the road in Johnstone I'm sure was our best player and I'm sure he later piled the pounds on due to a love for a few sandro's fish suppers too many. :)

Paul dickov was another noteworthy who featured for us against the Saudi freaks of humanity.

I worked with the goalkeeper from this game in the Prison Service.

Jim Will was at Arsenal at time of final but was playing Juniors with Turriff Utd when I worked with him.

You've just given the solution - the player shouldn't answer back. Do they actually think they will change the referees mind by shouting at him? A poor decision according to one team is a great decision according to the opponent. The referee can never keep everyone happy.

Football is unique as most of it's supporters appear to think that shouting abuse at a referee is alright as long as you've been given a wrong decision. It's silly, it's wrong and is counter-productive.

I agree with lots of your points and I've never been one for slating referees as they are only human and will make mistakes during games and they will in fact make far less mistakes than players during 90 minutes.

The problem for me can arise though when a decision is given that every fan/player/management and coach can see as wrong and that's when players can get frustrated.

Just like refs the players are only human too and they aren't choir boys, they're guys who are full of adrenaline during the course of a game and when a terrible decision goes against them then frustration can /does kick in. Anyone who can suggest different simply has never played football or knows very little about the game.

One example was when we were up at Linlithgow last Saturday was when of our flair players was scythed down on the edge of their box and everyone in the ground saw it as a clear foul ( even the linesman looked baffled at the non award) apart from the referee.

The boy who was fouled questioned the referees decision and was promptly booked as a result of the referee not doing his job properly initially and I agree that players shouldn't be arguing back to referees but frustration will always be there with injustices.

Maybe football for reasons of clarity should go down the same road as rugby in terms of the captains only being the ones who can talk to referees but until then the discretion of what's acceptable in speaking to referees will always be a problem because some refs can adopt common sense / a sense of understanding frustration ; while others show zero tolerance.

I agree with lots of your points and I've never been one for slating referees as they are only human and will make mistakes during games and they will in fact make far less mistakes than players during 90 minutes.

Maybe football for reasons of clarity should go down the same road as rugby in terms of the captains only being the ones who can talk to referees but until then the discretion of what's acceptable in speaking to referees will always be a problem because some refs can adopt common sense / a sense of understanding frustration ; while others show zero tolerance.

Refs in rugby take their time to explain every decision,in big tv games they are wired up so players and fans know why every decision is made.Refs in fitba are a wee bit too arrogant sometimes and act like the players dont know the rules of the game they have been playing all their lives.Fitba is open to interpretation more than rugby but when a ref gives an award to one team that he hasn't given to another,it annoys fans and fans more than anything want consistancy.Some refs treat a match like they are enjoying it and don't mind a bit of banter and having a laugh at moaning players,others look like they are only doing it for the cash,the career,the getting oot the hoose fae the wife and weans.Folk say it's no as easy job but some refs make it harder for themselves than it need be.A very rarely shout at refs as a don't believe any are a cheat( except for Cammy Melville ) and fitba needs them.

Archived