Rate the Campaigns...

loyal-blue

Yes: 7/10 It's was an uphill task but they have performed above what most people expected and while It probably won't win it has certainly won over a lot of people and has made people discuss politics which could inspire a new generation of (Probably Incompetent) politicians. The holes in the white paper marks it down.

Better Together: 0.5. The only reason it has any marks is that it isn't losing the polls. It has just been dreadful, lowest common denominator politics. It has been unable to sell the benefits of the UK. It didn't even need to be particularly good to win but it has made this referendum closer than anyone thought. They haven't learned from the previous elections and it seems at times like they want to lose.

It's a similar situation to the 2008 US election. The key strength in the Yes campaign has been in simply allowing ordinary people to feel that they can be heard. The best thing they've done in the entire campaign is the iconic Yes icon which the grassroots has run with. Odd to think that the one national ground-up political movement in this country in my lifetime is theoretically run by the current sitting national government.

Meanwhile, No has run an entirely conventional campaign, handing thick brown envelopes to any party already in possession of a platform. If they weren't the forces of darkness then they'd deserve a solid 8 for the media saturation they'd achieved. Which goes to show quite how much the Scottish establishment is in the pocket of the Labour and Unionist Party I suppose.

Neither campaign has had much of an effect, and they certainly aren't at the moment. Most people have made their mind up, the vast majority of the ones who haven't aren't paying any attention to the debate.

Neither campaign has had much of an effect, and they certainly aren't at the moment. Most people have made their mind up, the vast majority of the ones who haven't aren't paying any attention to the debate.

You.. You're not trying to tell us that Yes can't win are you?

I've never seen a No voter use that tactic before.

:blink:

I havent really been that impressed with either side, and I am ridiculously sick of hearing about the other parties defects.

Yes have to make the bigger effort, as has been said - and I do think that sometimes No voters are made to feel uncomfortable about their own opinion.

In terms of passion etc then I think Yes have done a cracking job, but there has been a severe lack of reasoned debate for me personally to make an informed decision. A lot of them have went on and on about "the tories" like a broken record. We all know the problems of Westminster, but how will things be better with a Yes vote? I havent heard enough debate, discussion and positive information.

I just havent hear a lot from No at all, either good or bad.

There are two completely different sets of figures, and I have no idea who forgot to carry the 1 in their calculations.

What seems to have been forgotten in the midst of all this is that some people genuinely do not have a passionate viewpoint either way, and can be swayed with a decent argument.

As it stands I will either put a cross against both, or draw a maybe box and tick that. I dont think either side has done enough to warrant my vote. This is one vote where I really want to sit back, analyse and vote with my head based on the two sides proposals, arguments and discussion and note use passion, pride etc as a barometer for my political view. Dont think I'm able to do that, yet.

The entire campaign has been too long and too dull. Hopefully the SNP learn from this debacle and will not make the same mistakes the next time.

The no campaign has been laughably bad. Who the f**k is Blair fucking McDougall? What a w****r he is, and of course we have the former Labour chancellor that nationalised part of the banking system bumbling around like an old fart in a trance.

The only reasonably good thing to come out of the entire process is that the scottish tories are detoxifying . They will be the only party to take anything positive out of this process. They are in with a reasonable shot at ousting idiots like Wishart and co too. In fact, I know they are in with a VERY good chance of this. <_<

Neither campaign has 'reached' me in any way and despite hoping that this debate would really engage me I feel completely indifferent about the whole thing. Which I hate saying, but unfortunately it's true. So in that sense both campaigns have been terrible - in my experience anyway.

I think there have been some good aspects to the Yes campaign, but almost all of them are from the people involved and not those in charge.

They have been confused from the start about whether or not they are the SNP in disguise or an actual cross party group. Their CE is a complete failure and they have parroted SNP fail throughout, even when that's put them at odds with vocal members of their executive team.

Yes started with an enormous advantage, given the framing of the question allowed them to be seen as the positive choice. I think they've squandered that a bit, and are pretty directionless as a movement from the top. On the ground though, they seem quite organised and passionate.

I think they've done OK. Could have been better, could have been a lot worse. 6/10.

I think the No campaign has been dreadful, though have much the more difficult task. Selling what yuo currently have as better than the land of milk and honey Yes don't have to evidence is tough. That said, they have done a terrible job of it. The whole Project Fear embarrassment, Blair McDougall, the incompetence of their website - where to start really.

1/10 and that's generous.

They are just lucky Scots don't want Independence, so No will win handsomely despite their worst efforts.

Yes Scotland 1/10

Better Together 0/10

YesScotland, Started well not so "slick" as of late 5/10

BetterTogether Started terribly, better of late 2/10

No: 2/10

Yes: 3/10

Yes Scotland 3/10

Better together 2/10

This is BT spin? Yes is better no question. Utter pish again.

You've literally just rubbished four people who have said Yes has been the better campaign. Good one, champ.

We all make mistakes. Your furiously backpeddling clusterfuck regarding Claire Lally, for example.

What's your point caller?

All four posts have Yes being better than BT.

I'll accept a simple "I got you muddled up with some else" or "I was wrong".

What's your point caller?

All four posts have Yes being better than BT.Look at the.

You've literally just rubbished four people who have said Yes has been the better campaign. Good one, champ.

You are spinning it. "BT's shite, but they're shite too?" That the best you got?.

I'm still waiting for the official (non-grassroots) Yes campaign to start. Will it soon?

The No campaign has lasted 307 years so far, and they still haven't come up with any arguments that don't fall apart instantly upon inspection.

Archived