Tommy Douglas

tinto

I am sad to advise on the death of Benburb legend Tommy Douglas. Tommy served the Bens for around 60 years as player, manager, committee man and president. He held the respect of all in Scottish Junior Football and must have been the best liked official anywhere.

A very sad day for Govan football.

Tinto

One of the greats in junior football I used to have a wee fruit shop

in Govan rd and tommy would come in often and talk about his love for the

bens our condolences to his family and Benburb from all

Forth Wanderers you will me missed Tommy

Tommy Douglas,the term legend is banded about all too often but with Tommy it's deserved, a true great.thanks for the memories, God bless you, from everyone at Benburb football club

loss of a true bens legend ,and a good friend I had the honour of having served with Tommy on the old West of Scotland committee. used to meet Tommy regularly in Govan going for his and neighbours papers , the world is a poorer place today now that Tommy has gone , one big regret is that Tommy didn't live to see the new Bens Park .

it would be fitting if the bens committee could name some part of the new facility in his honour

will miss you Tommy rest in peace

Tommy had a season at Duncansfield in 55-56 playing alongside another sadly departed junior legend, Alex Querrie, between them they 58 goals.

Tommy scored both goals against a very strong Glasgow Rangers XI in a friendly.

He will be long remembered at kilsyth although he returned to the club closest to his heart after just one season.

Condolences to his family and all at Benburb.

Yip Tommy - We will all miss you.

Even though there was Billy Hodgson and Andy Dailly as manager and assistant when I was at the Bens there was always Tommy by our side, always there to lend support and advice, especially to the new lads just starting in the Junior level.

It is a sad, sad loss to the junior world.
I believe his funeral was on Monday the 28th, Unfortunately I could not make it, at family holiday but my thoughts are with his family and all at oor Bens and I always had and always will have good thoughts regarding Tommy. Privilege to be part of your distinguished life. I met his son recently at the Bens final weekend at Tinto park on the sat for the final league match against Johnstone Burgh and the Sunday for the Bens legend Game. A son who is so proud of his father, A father can ask for no more.

Even in the ole days, Tommy with his Fuzzy Zolla Hairdo, I still remember his hairdo at the Scottish Cup Final in 1980 and I was 11, now that's what I call leaving an impression..

Love ya Tommy, Rest In Peace

xx Frank

loss of a true bens legend ,and a good friend I had the honour of having served with Tommy on the old West of Scotland committee. used to meet Tommy regularly in Govan going for his and neighbours papers , the world is a poorer place today now that Tommy has gone , one big regret is that Tommy didn't live to see the new Bens Park .

it would be fitting if the bens committee could name some part of the new facility in his honour

will miss you Tommy rest in peace

Frank Lovering, Benburb manager, is hoping to arrange another Bens Legends game for the new opening for the stadium. Maybe something can be done before or during it, Plaque etc.. I will ask him about it - that's for sure.

Frank Lovering, Benburb manager, is hoping to arrange another Bens Legends game for the new opening for the stadium. Maybe something can be done before or during it, Plaque etc.. I will ask him about it - that's for sure.

RIP sounds like one of the good guys.

Archived