Best players you've seen play against your club?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen someone who scored in a UEFA Cup Final play against the City*

*ok, so it was John Clark**. But he still counts. And he was still pretty handy at free kicks.

**ok. he was about 18 stone at the time. But who else has seen an 18 stone UEFA Cup Finalist play against their team, eh?

Dobbie's half hour cameo/hat-trick v us for QotS was the greatest performance this game has ever seen.

Yip, it's clearly Dobbie for me in his St Johnstone days.

Who'd have thought then that he'd go on to scale such heights?

I have to go well back to find an opposition player who really stood out, Davy Cooper in his Clydebank days always seemed to play well against us. He got a fair bit of stick for his cocky attitude but there was also grudging appreciation of his talent.

I have to go well back to find an opposition player who really stood out, Davy Cooper in his Clydebank days always seemed to play well against us. He got a fair bit of stick for his cocky attitude but there was also grudging appreciation of his talent.

Remember watching Cooper destroy us when Clydebank won 4-1 at Palmerston. He was absolutely superb. One of these matches where you realise you are watching a really special talent.

Claudio Canigga with a 8min hatrick for dundee against us with 15 to go when he came on as a sub at broadwood one midweek...

Dave Cooper for motherwell ripped us to shreds in a cup tie in late 90s. They won 7-0 and he was involved in all im sure without breakin sweat im sure...

That was Fabrizio Ravanelli not Caniggia.

That was Fabrizio Ravanelli not Caniggia.

Yeah, I thought that. I remember some unconvincing interview when they grey haired one was clutching the match ball.

Cannigia was long gone by then as I recall and the whole thing was poised to blow up in Dundee's face.

Archived