Ardeer Thistle v Glentoran, Sat 19/07/2014

Markka

If your team don't have a game tomorrow, are playing away from home or you just feel like taking in a different match, come down to Ardeer Stadium for an international Junior vs Senior friendly as Northern Irish top-flight side Glentoran are travelling from Belfast to take on the mighty Ardeer Thistle!

The game kicks off at 2:30pm, bar and pie hut facilities will be open as usual and there will be a special full-colour edition of the highly regarded "best in the West" Ardeer Thistle match programme on sale. For anyone in the area earlier in the day, the big match will be preceded by a youth match at 12pm between Ardeer 2004s & Winlinton Wolves 2004s.

ardeer-glentoran-poster.jpg

Its a great coup by ardeer to get glentoran across but people shouldn't even dare think that ardeer can compete.

Glentoran are a large step up from some junior teams and I predict a high scoring glentoran win here.

Major step up in standards here although I hope ardeer do well through this one through gate proceeds etc. :)

Somebody on the Ardeer Facebook page has urged his fellow fans to lay off any sectarian singing for this. Which is nice.

Are they known for this?

*the North of Ireland

**the North of Ireland

Good luck Ardeer

Wrong, and wrong again.

I suppose you just can't help yourself.

Somebody on the Ardeer Facebook page has urged his fellow fans to lay off any sectarian singing for this. Which is nice.

On a serious note, I'd hate for us to play a team like Glentoran or Linfield, or either of the old firm, as it would encourage idiots in any town to turn up and ruin it for everybody.

Bigot

That's not very nice is it.

Hope Ardeer enjoy their game today always great experience for a junior team playing a foreign one.

Fans attending Ardeer today will receive a complimentary ticket allowing them free entry into our other three home friendlies against Auchinleck, Hurlford Thistle and the Buffs.

On a serious note, I'd hate for us to play a team like Glentoran or Linfield, or either of the old firm, as it would encourage idiots in any town to turn up and ruin it for everybody.
In the north of Ireland? Yes, very much so
For you to jump into a thread about a fellow junior club who are playing a 'senior' club from Northern Ireland in an attractive looking match & poopoo it , then use it to pour in your political beliefs is truly shameful on your part. You've went way down in my estimation.

Are they known for this?

I went to around 6 or 7 of their home matches last season. They do have a group of young guys who follow them and create a bit of noise. At one point during a match against Saltcoats Victoria one of the group called one of the opposition players a "f*nian b*stard" without provocation.

It was a bit bizarre, especially as his mate standing next to him was wearing a Celtic top* and the rest of the group and some of the supporters around him immediately voiced their displeasure. But that's the only thing I've witnessed there.

*I know Celtic =\= f*nian etc

Archived