Worst stinker of a movie you have ever watched?

Grossi

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of Adam Sandler's more recent films are just big adverts/cons for him and his pals to make millions of dollars.

They actually degrade the great medium of cinema. Jack and Jill is one of the most vapid, ugly films I've ever seen.

The Purge has to be up there. Not only is this movie absolutely fucking terrible, but also takes a potentially brilliant premise and completely ruins it, which probably puts it ahead of many movies in the shite stakes.

The Purge has to be up there. Not only is this movie absolutely fucking terrible, but also takes a potentially brilliant premise and completely ruins it, which probably puts it ahead of many movies in the shite stakes.

This.

Shuddered when I saw there's a new release called The Purge : Anarchy about to be released - I hit the mute button when the trailer comes on TV.

The holiday - had an all star line up but just a truly truly abysmal film that should never been allowed to be made.

Watched after earth in the cinema and didn't think it was particularly awful but the reviews were hilariously bad :lol:

I watched about 40 minutes of Anchorman 2 on a plane to Florida.

Truly awful and proves how much of a one off the original was.

I was wincing through the first hour or so, thinking what a total shiter it was.

Tbh though there's some pretty funny bits towards the end, it redeemed itself a bit and therefore doesn't go down as a total shocker in my book. Brick Tamland and his bird are painful throughout though.

A lot of Adam Sandler's more recent films are just big adverts/cons for him and his pals to make millions of dollars.

They actually degrade the great medium of cinema. Jack and Jill is one of the most vapid, ugly films I've ever seen.

I caught a bit of one of his newer ones in a hostel, I think it was Grown Ups 2. Actually appalling stuff. Normally hostel type environments are wall to wall with people who think shite films are brilliant, but everyone just sat there in silence, only making noise to groan at the pathetic attempts at comedy. Sandler has had some good performances in his career so why he wants to make shite like that I don't know.

Anyway, the first one that always comes to mind for me is The Box. I also watched a late night TV film with Nick Cannon which had the exact plot to 21 Jump Street but made earlier, and it was just fucking horrible.

Have any of you ever seen Sex Lives of The Potato Men? I don't think I've ever seen a film receive such negative reviews.

Mark Kermode regularly describes it as the worst he has ever seen.

Mamma Mia.

It was her turn to choose, I took her to Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull the week before and regretted it after ten minutes. I knew she would make me pay. Unbeknownst to me, it was the fucking singalong version at FountainPark Cineworld where drunk full time Mummys belt out the best of Abba after a night on the Lambrini. I picked a seat next to a wee Chinese fella who cracked into song ten minutes in.

I no longer fear hell, because i've already been there.

:lol:

Mark Kermode regularly describes it as the worst he has ever seen.

It was him that first alerted me to its existence. The reviews are quite entertaining:

The film was condemned by most film critics for being crude and tasteless. The Times review called it "one of the two most nauseous films ever made"[1] and Christopher Tookey in The Daily Mail called it "the most shamefully inept, witless and repulsive British comedy that I have ever had the misfortune to see".[2] Writer Will Self, writing for The Evening Standard, called it "mirthless, worthless, toothless, useless", while Johnny Vaughan in The Sun stated in his review: "The mind boggles as to how this movie actually got made."[3] Kevin O'Sullivan in The Daily Mirror called it "one of the worst films ever made".[4]Peter Bradshaw in The Guardian wrote, "it's a film which isn't in the slightest bit funny or sexy, and is deeply depressing. It also diminishes the reputation of many excellent TV comics, who are made to look tawdry and naff up there on the big screen in an echoing cinema".[5]

It was also controversial in that nearly £1 million of public money from the National Lottery via the UK Film Council was used to fund the project.[6]Nigel Andrews in the Financial Times criticised the use of lottery funding for the film.[3]

Years after the film was released, Sex Lives of the Potato Men was still specified by film critics as an unusually bad film, including the aforementioned Peter Bradshaw of The Guardian,[7] and the BBC's Mark Kermode, who described the film as "absolutely, indescribably horrible, vulgar, stupid, tawdry, depressing, embarrassing, filthy, vile, stinky, repugnant, slimy, unclean, nasty, degenerative and mind-numbing".[8] The Birmingham Post described it as "quite possibly the worst film ever made",[9] while The Independent on Sunday stated that the film was "a strong contender for the title of worst film of all time".[10] The film magazine Empire placed it at no. 7 in its list of "The 50 Worst Movies Ever".[11]

Archived