Prediction

loyal-blue

Well it's certainly rattled your cage.

Of course it has petal, I can hardly contain my incandescent rage. Well done you, you truly are mummy's special little Internet soldier.

It is telling, however, that you proudly wear the badge of someone desperate to defend the indefensible. Yes, quite telling indeed, especially considering your support for Bitter Together.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes 88% No 87% DK's 75%

BBC go nuts and claim its been rigged by Cybernats from the planet Dyson, just past Sirius. Cameron launches a nuclear first strike on Edinburgh accidently vapourising R Davidson, A Darling and co. American intelligence claim to have proof that it was the highland farmer from question time in conjunction with Jesus that fixed the result. Everybody else shrugs and gets on with things.

This was my second scenario.

Of course it has petal, I can hardly contain my incandescent rage. Well done you, you truly are mummy's special little Internet soldier.

It is telling, however, that you proudly wear the badge of someone desperate to defend the indefensible. Yes, quite telling indeed, especially considering your support for Bitter Together.

Give us another long post about how non rattled you are about my signature, go on pet :D

Based on current BPC polling data: 45 Yes/ 55 No

Based on irrational, anecdotal evidence and sheer hope: 52 yes/ 48 No

That's probably about right.

Did they ever explain why the polls were so wrong at the Scottish elections in 2011? From memory, the polls were predicting a very narrow Labour win, instead of the actual SNP landslide.

That's probably about right.

Did they ever explain why the polls were so wrong at the Scottish elections in 2011? From memory, the polls were predicting a very narrow Labour win, instead of the actual SNP landslide.

Your memory fails you...

The polls predicted an SNP victory before the election, several predicted by a large margin. The myth that the pollsters got the 2011 election wrong is one peddled by Nats wishing on a star.

Your memory fails you...

The polls predicted an SNP victory before the election, several predicted by a large margin. The myth that the pollsters got the 2011 election wrong is one peddled by Nats wishing on a star.

Aye? Sound mate

Your memory fails you...

In the immediate weeks before the election, yes, they predicted a large SNP win. However, a couple of months prior to that they were predicting a comfortable Labour victory.

That said, it's hardly analogous to the referendum. Labour's collapse there was a result of the campaign starting and those in the electorate who vote but don't properly 'follow' politics - and therefore had never seen FMQs or paid proper attention to most issues - realising how much of an incompetent buffoon Iain Gray is once he was in the spotlight on a daily basis. As this debate isn't about individual personalities of leaders in the way a parliamentary election is, a similar collapse is unlikely.

The really heavy campaigning taking off in the next two months may cause something of a swing, but even if Darling has routine disasters as Gray did it'll be a surprise if that damages the no vote as much as it did Labour in 2011. The SNP were also beneficiaries of the Lib Dem collapse too.

That said, I dearly hope I'm wrong and the No vote collapses after Salmond annihilates Darling on TV.

In the immediate weeks before the election, yes, they predicted a large SNP win. However, a couple of months prior to that they were predicting a comfortable Labour victory.

That said, it's hardly analogous to the referendum. Labour's collapse there was a result of the campaign starting and those in the electorate who vote but don't properly 'follow' politics - and therefore had never seen FMQs or paid proper attention to most issues - realising how much of an incompetent buffoon Iain Gray is once he was in the spotlight on a daily basis. As this debate isn't about individual personalities of leaders in the way a parliamentary election is, a similar collapse is unlikely.

The really heavy campaigning taking off in the next two months may cause something of a swing, but even if Darling has routine disasters as Gray did it'll be a surprise if that damages the no vote as much as it did Labour in 2011. The SNP were also beneficiaries of the Lib Dem collapse too.

That said, I dearly hope I'm wrong and the No vote collapses after Salmond annihilates Darling on TV.

Yeah, people think that the polls "got it wrong" in 2011 based on polls that were 3 or 4 months old by the time election day came around. The reality is that if the election was in February instead of May, then Labour would have topped the poll. By the same logic, if the referendum was held tomorrow, you'd expect a No victory, probably by 6-10 points. Yes might win, but they will need to convince a lot of people between now and polling day, much as the SNP did between February and May 2011. Perhaps more accurately, better together will have to put a lot of people off between now and September and that's very possible.

Close very close 52% No 48% Yes, maybe even tighter.

The reason you don't see many NO Car stickers, especially in town, is that owners know they'd get their windows panned in or a nice big coin scratch along the door

panels :(

Close very close 52% No 48% Yes, maybe even tighter.

The reason you don't see many NO Car stickers, especially in town, is that owners know they'd get their windows panned in or a nice big coin scratch along the door

panels :(

Rangers fan scared of violent attacks from Yes supporters...hmmm.

rangers_1443222c.jpg

I'd totally forgotten about my signature, I'm delighted it's still winding people up though :D

Even though it's below EVERY post you make? OK sport.

Anyway, 54% yes, shitebags 46%

Even though it's below EVERY post you make? OK sport.

Anyway, 54% yes, shitebags 46%

I use the app m8, I don't see any signatures.

You're going to be in some state on the 19th of September if you really think yes is going to win.

I use the app m8, I don't see any signatures.

You're going to be in some state on the 19th of September if you really think yes is going to win.

Correct. I'm not a big drinker but I will be fucking trousered on the 19th when a Yes vote is confirmed.

Looking forward to it!!

Archived