Prediction

loyal-blue

Anyone who puts a sticker on their car or house for a political party or Yes/BT is unquestionably a moron.

It's probably side by side with the goddist fish symbol and "Baby on Board".

Car-stickerer and proud.

The fact that you're calling me a moron has actually made me a little bit proud. The fact that Lex gave you a greenie for this post made me laugh.

Cheers H_B! Keep up the good work!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine thinking that putting a link to Better Together in your signature on a football forum was a good idea, and that putting a sticker for Yes in your car was an utterly stupid one. You'd have to have some sort of severe cognitive disorder.

Car-stickerer and proud.

The fact that you're calling me a moron has actually made me a little bit proud. The fact that Lex gave you a greenie for this post made me laugh.

Cheers H_B! Keep up the good work!

Car stickers of any description are just cringeworthy. You drive around with a big 'Ecosse' one emblazoned over a saltire all year round too?

Car stickers of any description are just cringeworthy. You drive around with a big 'Ecosse' one emblazoned over a saltire all year round too?

No.

This is a referendum campaign. Unfortunately I think a lot of people are swayed by the probability that they'll be on the winning side with stuff like this (numpties admittedly - but I'm certain its the case). Car stickers and the like show that the Yes campaign is out there and alive - and neutralises the argument that this is an unwinnable election for Yes (used by H_B often enough).

That's how I see it anyway.

I think it will be so close that they will have a re-count, and us yes voters will get bumped a stinker.

Viva la revolution !

At T in the Park, a group of about 12 of us, had a quick count of who was voting which way. There was only 4 yes voters. Sad times :(

However, the only flags flying high were yes flags. I'm surprised that there was no big deal made when the BBC were confiscating the yes flags poles. It was quite bizarre to say the least. A festival really has no place for politics though, I can sort of see where they were coming from.

Fingers crossed we can nick it in our favour!

I think it will be so close that they will have a re-count, and us yes voters will get bumped a stinker.

Viva la revolution !

At T in the Park, a group of about 12 of us, had a quick count of who was voting which way. There was only 4 yes voters. Sad times :(

However, the only flags flying high were yes flags. I'm surprised that there was no big deal made when the BBC were confiscating the yes flags poles. It was quite bizarre to say the least. A festival really has no place for politics though, I can sort of see where they were coming from.

Fingers crossed we can nick it in our favour!

I personally cannot stand flag-waving pish from any kind of nationalist - be it of the Britnat or Scot Nat variety.

Wrapping yourself in symbols and flags is a sign of your own insecurities. It's attention-seeking shite of the first degree.

It's the political equivalent of middle-aged men parading around in a full replica strip.

It's the political equivalent of middle-aged men parading around in a full replica strip.

Or Old Firm fans who have The Sash or some other bigot tunes as their mobile phone ringtone....

I've seen a few of them recently, who let their phone ring for several time before answering it, just to be edgy.

Arseholes.

Or Old Firm fans who have The Sash or some other bigot tunes as their mobile phone ringtone....

I've seen a few of them recently, who let their phone ring for several time before answering it, just to be edgy.

Arseholes.

Or those with flags in there avatars

You seriously need to get better friends. That, or educate those you have.

As cringeworthy as your Stuart Cosgrove quote in your signature?

I think not.

Oh, Jesus are you not wrong. When I first saw it I thought it has to be a wind up, but it seems the lad is genuine in his fawning admiration.

The irony of the case if of course that Cosgrove seems to be pro-independence.

I would say that a poster sycophantically quoting a pro independence journalist while being openly pro-unionist demonstrates a tad more irony than having ten thousand spoons when you need a knife. It is a very dangerous game if you wish to be obtusely pedantic on these sorts of threads though, it's clear the implication.

Of course there is a school of thought that suggests Morissette demonstrates the ultimate irony in having no irony in a song about irony. Not that I'm defending her.

If you think it's an emotion other than pity, or perhaps transferred embarrassment, then you are definitely mistaken.

Well it's certainly rattled your cage. Keep posting about how embarrassed you are on my behalf :D

Depends who wins the propaganda war in the last one or two days to sway the Undecideds towards either "Fcuk it, Yes" or "Meh, Nah".

+/- 3 either way, though a relative landslide either way would be scenic.

Yes 88% No 87% DK's 75%

BBC go nuts and claim its been rigged by Cybernats from the planet Dyson, just past Sirius. Cameron launches a nuclear first strike on Edinburgh accidently vapourising R Davidson, A Darling and co. American intelligence claim to have proof that it was the highland farmer from question time in conjunction with Jesus that fixed the result. Everybody else shrugs and gets on with things.

Archived