Young child attacked by Dog in Kilmarnock

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-28326620

Happened right across the road from me, scary stuff! Had journos interviewing us all morning trying to gain the story.. They seem to be posting some wrong details on the story, from what I seen anyway.

If you think they're reporting the wrong details just now, wait until you see the comments they attribute to you if you've given your name.

I think it's only once you've had to deal with the tabloid press that you truly appreciate how much bullshit they actually print.

Owner should be put down in the centre circle of Somerset Park IMO

Seriously though, when will we just ban these breeds that are known to be aggressive?

Owner should be put down in the centre circle of Somerset Park IMO

Seriously though, when will we just ban these breeds that are known to be aggressive?

i dont think banning the people of kilmarnock from breeding is going to solve anything here

It's not fair to directly blame the dogs, it's the owners who should be crucified. Obviously the dog has to be put down, but it's the way the dogs are treated and kept that affect them. I have a Japanese Akita and you couldn't meet a more well behaved obidient dog. If the dog is treated well and kept under control they are fine. If a labrador is treated badly they can be just as dangerous. It is a shame.

It's not fair to directly blame the dogs, it's the owners who should be crucified. Obviously the dog has to be put down, but it's the way the dogs are treated and kept that affect them. I have a Japanese Akita and you couldn't meet a more well behaved obidient dog. If the dog is treated well and kept under control they are fine. If a labrador is treated badly they can be just as dangerous. It is a shame.

Indeed. The owner is being charged by the police due to breaking some dog act or something said the policeman I was talking to. They reckon he'll get a minimum of 6 months in prison depending on other things.

How long before this turns into yet another 'Cats are better than Dogs' topic? :lol:

How do we solve this problem? It's all very well saying ban these types of dogs, but folk are kidding themselves if they think the problem will go away. Staffies and Pitbulls et al are in the highest category of attacks on humans because these are the dogs of choice for the knuckle-dragger's who own them. If these breeds are banned then all that will happen is these scum-bags will choose another breed of dog to move onto and the same thing will happen. Dog's are computers that can be programmed to be excellent obedient loving creatures or fighting machines. The problem is the wasters that use them for the latter and don't train them properly. We should be tackling them as the problem, not the breed of dog.

There was a program on last night incidentally where the RSPCA went to a house after reports of dog neglect*. It a staffie, and when the Police entered the house they found the dog hiding under a bed visibly shaking with fear because these strange people had entered it's home. When the owner returned it was all over her. A lovely little creature who's initial thought when 'being invaded' if you like, was to run away and hide rather than attack the 'intruder'. Clearly trained the right way.

* In the end it turned out that this wasn't the case. You could clearly see how much the dog loved it's owner and it was physically very healthy.

Indeed. The owner is being charged by the police due to breaking some dog act or something said the policeman I was talking to. They reckon he'll get a minimum of 6 months in prison depending on other things.

Fair trial then.............

Archived