No campaign's story of the day

Mr Bairn

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gleeful reaction from the no side to the news, followed by almost instantly being shown to be wrong was rather amusing.

I actually think every negative from NO helps YES nudge a wee bit closer to victory.

No, I read the part of the page that showed up when I clicked on it.

Well, I'm not sure what you want me to do about your inability to read a page of stories.

Out of interest, why have the virulently anti-Yes and Unionist lapdog BBC published this story today?

Is it like when Celtic fans explain away their dodgy penalties from Masonic conspiracy referees because they need to make sure it doesn't look too obvious?

What have you get to say about the blatant lying on this from the No campaign?

What have they lied about?

Looks more like they creamed their pants about the story based on the initial headline, then have been embarrassed by the clarification.

Out of interest, why have the virulently anti-Yes and Unionist lapdog BBC published this story today?

Is it like when Celtic fans explain away their dodgy penalties from Masonic conspiracy referees because they need to make sure it doesn't look too obvious?

Because at some point, they will have to report the truth when the truth is being told?

I'd be genuinely surprised if there weren't a few senior Beeb editors spitting out their pina coladas on their holidays to phone back home and demand answers on how this ended up running. Wholly uncharacteristic. Though they've managed to recover now by prominently featuring Ross Kemp above the President of the European Commission.

I have no problems with the BBC being biased. After all anybody with an ounce of sense can see why it is in their benefit for Scotland to remain in the Union (and that's before we start discussing the funding drain that the BBC operate). Plus it's not as if there are several other blatantly biased "mainstream" media outlets.

The problem I do have though is that the BBC is not being transparent about it's allegiance. It really should publicly announce a conflict of interest at the very least, if not formally admit it's support for the No campaign. After all it claims to be a public service.

How long till James Cook gets his jotters?

Scottish journalist in journalism shocker.

He has certainly gone against the grain in trying to actually clarify something rather than deliberately muddy the waters.

I have no problems with the BBC being biased. After all anybody with an ounce of sense can see why it is in their benefit for Scotland to remain in the Union (and that's before we start discussing the funding drain that the BBC operate). Plus it's not as if there are several other blatantly biased "mainstream" media outlets.

The problem I do have though is that the BBC is not being transparent about it's allegiance. It really should publicly announce a conflict of interest at the very least, if not formally admit it's support for the No campaign. After all it claims to be a public service.

I don't agree with this. Surely as a publicly funded body they should be both transparent AND unbiased. They're basically using Yes voters' money to fund the No campaign, along with other quite disgraceful tactics like their understating of numbers in the anti-austerity marches, and their total blackout of the BBC bias demonstrations. Funny that.

Archived