No campaign's story of the day

Mr Bairn

I have no problems with the BBC being biased. After all anybody with an ounce of sense can see why it is in their benefit for Scotland to remain in the Union (and that's before we start discussing the funding drain that the BBC operate). Plus it's not as if there are several other blatantly biased "mainstream" media outlets.

I can't agree with that. Broadcasters in this country have a duty to be neutral in their reporting, and the BBC's coverage of the referendum (and BBC Scotland's coverage of Scottish politics in general) is so far from impartial it's ridiculous. The BBC are our premier broadcaster, and tens of millions of people get their news coverage from them on the assumption that what they are getting is impartial reporting of facts. That clearly does not happen when the subject is Scottish politics and it's not on.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't agree with that. Broadcasters in this country have a duty to be neutral in their reporting, and the BBC's coverage of the referendum (and BBC Scotland's coverage of Scottish politics in general) is so far from impartial it's ridiculous. The BBC are our premier broadcaster, and tens of millions of people get their news coverage from them on the assumption that what they are getting is impartial reporting of facts. That clearly does not happen when the subject is Scottish politics and it's not on.

Agreed.

Archived