TAPPING AND UNDERHAND BEHAVIOUR..

daleboy1969

HOW MANY CLUBS HAVE WITNESSED THE END OFF GOOD SPORTING RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN CLUBS ...REPLACED WITH UNDERHAND TACTICS FROM CLUBS TRYING TO GET PLAYERS UNSETTLED OR ON THE CHEAP ( THE OLD BUY OUT YOUR CONTRACT AN WE WILL SQUARE YOU UP) LOOKS LIKE JUNIOR FOOTBALL CLUBS HAVE CAUGHT THE BIG BOYS BAD HABITS ..HOPEFULLY THE CLUBS IN QUESTION GET THIER DUES ..

Let's be honest this is and has been part and parcel in all levels of football from way way back in time. Its nothing new ie managers asking their players to sound out pals that play in other teams etc

On my first Hi-His committee meeting one of our players had just told the manager he'd not be extending his contract as he'd be signing for a Superleague team.

As this was before his contract ran out there can only be one conclusion.

Seven years ago, by the way.

[edit] I stand corrected...six years ago.

It's an unfortunate aspect of the junior game that will always happen.

In the past clubs held the power with retention. Now it's all about players looking for the best deal.

A bit of common sense all round would help but highly unlikely.

Like clubs being able to approach players via clubs coming to the end of a contract. (6 months)

Then in an ideal world clubs could maybe buy out at a reduced fee or at least clubs could plan ahead on a replacement.

Just one view

This has been going on for years and years at the Albert we get it every season especially with so called bigger junior teams around us it's now part of the game but the unfair thing is that teams like the Albert don't get any financial compensation for taking the time to bring young players through. Some people think that there is an unwritten law between junior clubs regarding this but these teams are few and far between.

But I suppose amateur teams have the same complaints.

The strange thing is they tell the players they are buying half a dozen superstars then sign three or four numpties and the player still signs and plays after all the lies ....canny understand how some players fall for it ...but harder to understand how nothing gets done about it ...

It shouldn't happen and neither should the prolonged failure to punish Clubs, or more specifically Club Officials, guilty of it.

I'd guess that most of the time, Committees don't know about players being tapped up by managers who either know nothing about, or don't care for, formal and informal Rules regarding ethics and unsporting behaviour. Only way to stamp down on it is to ban the individual offenders from the game.

It shouldn't happen and neither should the prolonged failure to punish Clubs, or more specifically Club Officials, guilty of it.

I'd guess that most of the time, Committees don't know about players being tapped up by managers who either know nothing about, or don't care for, formal and informal Rules regarding ethics and unsporting behaviour. Only way to stamp down on it is to ban the individual offenders from the game.

how do you find them guilty? Will never change it happens at all levels in the senior game you have agents in the juniors you have friends of friends to see if players want to move etc

This will happen in every form of workplace, I've certainly had it done to me and latterly done it myself. Not nice if your the guy losing out but can't ever see it stopping.

The worst of this is the bigger clubs who promise the young players the world and play them in friendlies and sectional cup but then they spend the rest of the season on the bench or at the side of the park with a shirt and tie or tracksuit on, they get fed up and go back and play amateur with their mates so more talent is lost from the junior game

HOW MANY CLUBS HAVE WITNESSED THE END OFF GOOD SPORTING RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN CLUBS ...REPLACED WITH UNDERHAND TACTICS FROM CLUBS TRYING TO GET PLAYERS UNSETTLED OR ON THE CHEAP ( THE OLD BUY OUT YOUR CONTRACT AN WE WILL SQUARE YOU UP) LOOKS LIKE JUNIOR FOOTBALL CLUBS HAVE CAUGHT THE BIG BOYS BAD HABITS ..HOPEFULLY THE CLUBS IN QUESTION GET THIER DUES ..

Are you talking about a certain Dale player who posts on here.lol

Actually pumphy man four different players have told me about this ..was wondering if one clubs guilty or more .the dale have all players from last season ..not any additions as yet .but to be fair the clubs been looking at good experienced players to add to squad ..as yet no takers...just think clubs should stick to the rules ...

How can you tap a player who is out of contract lol

lol didn't take you long to reply.Nah good luck to the laddie I just don't understand why players do preseason with 2 or 3 different clubs.But we were well aware there was interest from another club.

Archived