Gay Cakes - Should They Be Allowed?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know that Jews wore fingerless gloves?

Is that what riled Hitler?

Haven't you ever seen Oliver Twist?

Every Jew on the planet looks like Fagin.

What riled Hitler was all the Jews stealing bread from innocent children's mouths.

It's okay, I'm not prejudiced in any way, though.

• 4 years later...

This totalitarian 'Progressive' activist has been put back in his bigoted box by the high court after trying to force a private company to submit their labour and conscience to his demands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45789759

The UK's highest court ruled that Ashers bakery's refusal to make a cake with a slogan supporting same-sex marriage was not discriminatory.

A victory for freedom against tyranny, but shocking this had to go so far.

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Tit (no pun intended) for tat move by photographers booked by The Christian Institute (who paid the bakers' legal costs). 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gay-cake-christian-bakers-photos-ashers-northern-ireland-a8579136.html 

'Progressive' in malleable-principled tantrum shocker.

The response from the Christian Institute was consistent and freedom-loving, if hidden away at the bottom of the article...

Responding to the refusal to hand over the images, Ciarán Kelly, deputy director of the Christian Institue, said: "We’ve been in touch with the company involved and thanked them for their impending refund. 

"We think it’s great that we live in a country where people are free to express, or not express, their sincerely held beliefs – the point underlined so emphatically in court yesterday."

:wub:

3 hours ago, banana said:

This totalitarian 'Progressive' activist has been put back in his bigoted box by the high court after trying to force a private company to submit their labour and conscience to his demands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45789759

A victory for freedom against tyranny, but shocking this had to go so far.

I agree on this one.

They shouldn't be forced to produce anything they disagree with.

As stated, they did not discriminate, he wasn't denied the cake on the grounds of his sexuality, they merely didn't agree with the sentiment of the cake. 

If people are that against them then they can boycott that bakery and they will have to deal with the consequences, such is the way of a free market.

I dont know what to think about this one, was the bakery just randomly selected by a gay rights campaigner or was legal action to further a political cause (which I agree with btw) the desired outcome?
Its a tricky one, on one hand it highlights just how much of an embarrassing mess Northern Ireland is (besides a couple decent punters on here it truly is a failed state), but on the other it really seems like this was a set up to be outraged. That said its no very christian of the boy to not love his neighbour, I note that the Baker has no beard, I hope he has a set seat in his house for when the mrs menstruates, I hope that suit from the court date isnt made of a wool and linen mix, doesnt use suet in any of his cakes, doesnt eat shellfish and any of the other random shite Christian extremists tend to ignore when they quote the gay bashing bible verses but forget the other bat shit mental ones.

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

i don't think the shop in question have any qualms about producing one of those for you...

obviously not decorated with two marzipan gentlemen, though...

Image result for adult cake decoration

Looks like his boner is protruding right our her back. An impressive appendage on the cake figurine. 

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Tit (no pun intended) for tat move by photographers booked by The Christian Institute (who paid the bakers' legal costs). 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gay-cake-christian-bakers-photos-ashers-northern-ireland-a8579136.html 

The Christian institute spent hundreds of £thousands fighting the case.

Couldn't they find anything more christiany to fund, like maybe helping homeless people or other needy people...

1 minute ago, bennett said:

The Christian institute spent hundreds of £thousands fighting the case.

Couldn't they find anything more christiany to fund, like maybe helping homeless people or other needy people...

They would have to determine that the helpless and needy people were not homosexual.  It would be an administrative nightmare.

Archived