The Orange Order and the Independence Debate

jester

They're entitled to their view, but I doubt there will be many No voters happy about their involvement. Such is life. Better Together will distance themselves from this the same way as Yes Scotland distance themselves from their own cranks. I doubt the SNP and the Greens have anything in common with the English Democrats, who are a registered Yes campaigner, and they will ignore them accordingly.

It does reflect badly though, that can't be denied. The Orange Order is a toxic brand.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They woke me up at F**kin 7.30am with their deedle-deedle music, Im well F88ked off. Religion is a farce, they both technically follow the same religion, although the Catholics try harder. There is NO place in a modern society for this bile, and that goes for Republican marches too.

Lets advertise how many idiots we have in the West Of Scotland seems its only purpose.

They may be on the same side of this debate, but they likely disagree with almost everything else. It's not surprising that reasonable No voters and campaigners are unhappy with bigots like the Orange Order getting involved.

Let's not forget, George is very quick to bring up religion into this debate. he's claiming the SNP wants to close down all catholic school, which is just an outright lie.

I have zero sympathy for him.

I just don't understand why they feel the need to march.

They're trying to mark their territory. Like a dog pissing on the leg of a new table.

I'm certainly no supporter of the Orange Order but I, until a few years back, would have defended their right to march. Then one year I found myself on Sauchiehall Street, before having to walk through Kelvingrove Park. It was an utterly shameful sight, gangs of idiots draped in Union Flags fighting and throwing glass bottles. I think an easy way to get rid of them is tell the Orange Order they have to pay the policing costs. There is no way they could afford it.

Conversely I saw an Orange walk in Toronto back in 2008, a small, peaceful march that ended with a barbecue in the grounds of a rented hall. On the face of it, it looked like a fairly nice family day out.

Why? George is on their side. He's a BritNat too.

Someone tweeted a picture of today's independent saying George Galloway must be proud of his new friends. Galloway pipes up saying he will be taking it to court and will not be slandered anymore

hope an independent Scotland see's these rats dissapear.

Why would it?

Are the racists and bigots who infest Scotland all going to leave?

Yeah?

Great... Seems strange all the anti-English scumbags would leave following a Yes vote but there you have it.

That's lovely.

Unlike you and your ilk who are decisively anti-scottish.

Don't bother reply, you snivelling little toad, I'm not interested.

:)

The bottom comment sums it up for me.

Tit for tat shite. He done this, they done that. Really sick of it.

You do wonder though why you would want your young son/daughter going to these kind of events.

I had the misfortune of being in Paisley in the wrong place at the wrong time ( not knowing the walk was taking place that day) when I was in my early teens, wearing a green jumper/hoody. I was standing waiting for a bus and the police told me to scram because the hoody. Accused me of trying to stir it and I took a few pelters from knuckle draggers.Was wearing a Saints top under it so took the hoody off and walked away pretty sharpish. Still took pelters though :P . Pretty scary, especially as I was on my own.

Another time I was doing a delivery run for my mate and it happened to fall on a walk in Johnstone. I was parked up and all of a sudden hundreds of folk walk around the corner,all over the road and pavements. A police woman at the front told me to hurry up and drive away. I said where can I drive to, I'll happily run over all they folk if I've got your permission :lol: . She didn't laugh.

is it any wonder Scotland is divided by religion when these marches continue every year.

As far as I can tell, it isn't. Outside of Old Firm supporters and the minority of bigots who go to these marches, sectarianism in Scotland is pretty much non-existent. Before moving to Glasgow I don't think I'd ever witnessed or experienced any sectarianism. It's confined to one part of the country, and even then it seems to be an uncommon thing. I've lived and worked in Glasgow for three years now, and only once had the whole 'what school did you go to?' type questioning.

As far as I can tell, it isn't. Outside of Old Firm supporters and the minority of bigots who go to these marches, sectarianism in Scotland is pretty much non-existent. Before moving to Glasgow I don't think I'd ever witnessed or experienced any sectarianism. It's confined to one part of the country, and even then it seems to be an uncommon thing. I've lived and worked in Glasgow for three years now, and only once had the whole 'what school did you go to?' type questioning.

OO isn't just solely confined to Glasgow or the west coast

I've never asked someone what school did I go to, despite living here all my life and working right across the city including some desirable areas such a bridgeton

Archived