Live Matches

Imagine most of the games will be in the 2nd part of the season. Especially for the two lower leagues.

Did they not have rights for 1st division before and end up not using them?

Still it's good news and hopefully gets the rest of the spfl good coverage.

Guest honestrae95

I've always said a lower league Sportscene type programme would be good. I think it'd be well watched.

Alba have never bothered showing all the games they've been entitled to, play offs, Ramsdens etc. Not a chance they'll send a camera team to every Championship ground, far less every Div 1 + 2 ground.

Is that true? Can't remember them not showing a play-off final or Ramsdens they were supposed to.

The problem with Football First, which was only 'Championship' games mind, was the Sunday lunchtime slot I think.

There are already highlights on line so, clearly, the games are all covered. It should be easy to cobble together a presentation package, and stuck it on BBC2 Scotland, just before Match of the Day comes on BBC1.

Edit to add: there is, of course, the majorly enhanced audience with Hibs, Hearts and Rangers.

Is that true? Can't remember them not showing a play-off final or Ramsdens they were supposed to.

There are already highlights on line so, clearly, the games are all covered.

They had the rights to show more games than they did, not just the finals.

I'm not sure what the BBC's attitude would be to broadcasting fans homemade tv designed for low bandwidth internet.

The problem with Football First, which was only 'Championship' games mind, was the Sunday lunchtime slot I think.

There are already highlights on line so, clearly, the games are all covered. It should be easy to cobble together a presentation package, and stuck it on BBC2 Scotland, just before Match of the Day comes on BBC1.

Edit to add: there is, of course, the majorly enhanced audience with Hibs, Hearts and Rangers.

Never showed the Ayr v Brechin playoff final

Great, now they just need to speak in English, so the other 99% of the population can understand what they're saying.

Just so we can complain about the standard of the commentator? no thanks

Great, now they just need to speak in English, so the other 99% of the population can understand what they're saying.

Indeed! Remember reading that the BBC were embarrassed when a document released under FoI showed that some of their senior staff (not the Gaelic mafia) were speculating privately that it would have been cheaper to transport the actors to the front rooms of the handfuls watching their Gaelic programming for live performances than it was to record and broadcast.

Archived