St Rochs new season new management

the candy

Been browsing over the summer to see the gossip of the comings and goings within the juniors this summer and unfortunately not saw much about my club St Rochs although im sure alot of hard work is being done in the backround not heard of any signings or what players are staying from last year although have just saw in the rob roy thread that our goalkeeper jordan went back to rob roy.

Has the young lad shields signed on again or did any of the bigger clubs snap him up? How many of last season squad have stayed on? Heard a few of the blochairn lads have signed for this coming season candy

As a Blochairn fan I have been keeping tabs on how St. Roch's are getting on and will be rooting for the Candy this season. I saw them train on monday night and again on Wednesday up at Glenconner and there was over 30 bodies there. You are right some Blochairn lads have gone to the Roch but most of the lads training I did not know. i believe there are about 7 of last seasons squad signed but could not tell you thier names

Good luck to Andy, Chris, Allan and Duffy - it will be a big task getting St Roch's competitive again and when they get to grips with the Junior game they will compete.

As a Blochairn fan I have been keeping tabs on how St. Roch's are getting on and will be rooting for the Candy this season. I saw them train on monday night and again on Wednesday up at Glenconner and there was over 30 bodies there. You are right some Blochairn lads have gone to the Roch but most of the lads training I did not know. i believe there are about 7 of last seasons squad signed but could not tell you thier names

Good luck to Andy, Chris, Allan and Duffy - it will be a big task getting St Roch's competitive again and when they get to grips with the Junior game they will compete.

Awrite andy lol

Best wishes to the Candy,

Looking forward to the new season and after last season's game there, Andy couldn't have had a tougher start than Forth away in the league but there's no better game and trip to demonstrate the different level he's at now after a long and successful stint with Blochairn Star.

Sorry to read Jordan Brown has signed for Rob Roy but very best wishes to him as he was a worthy player of the year for us last season.

Yep Forth away will be tough but every game home and away will be tough this year.

Best of luck to the candy for the upcoming season, a great club with great people in charge.

Hope they go on a long winning run starting on the second week AFTER they play Forth.

saw on the clubs facebook page been busy signing players dont know much about some of them apart from the boys resigning again which im happy with. also saw that dak the goalkeeper could be coming back if so delighted with that as losing jordan is a blow but dak was a big character aswell. any insiders have any info on the new boys that have signed? tough start against forth but again as usual i think this league will be tight with teams all beating each other very tough league to get out hopefully our new team and management can do it. but got to be patient aswell as new management and new team might take time to gel hopefully hit the ground running. good luck with pre season lads

saw on the clubs facebook page been busy signing players dont know much about some of them apart from the boys resigning again which im happy with. also saw that dak the goalkeeper could be coming back if so delighted with that as losing jordan is a blow but dak was a big character aswell. any insiders have any info on the new boys that have signed? tough start against forth but again as usual i think this league will be tight with teams all beating each other very tough league to get out hopefully our new team and management can do it. but got to be patient aswell as new management and new team might take time to gel hopefully hit the ground running. good luck with pre season lads

Agreed about patience. Andy sets himself high standards and targets but this division is tough so hopefully the young guys who are staying on are all the better for the experience of working with Joe McColl and Marsi, who both know exactly what it takes to handle the demands of playing at Junior level.

Would be delighted to see Dak back at the Roch. Maybe one or two more old faces will follow.

TJ McCluskey attracted interest from a few senior Clubs so Andy has done very well getting him to sign on at Junior level for the time being.

Just read the piece on TJ McCluskey sounds like a real prospect. Did any of these team make an offer to him? Surprised none of the bigger junior clubs never made an approach no disrespect to the candy but I watched the highlights against Blantyre near the end of the season and thought they were really poor.

I know a few of the budgie boys who are up at the roch now from last season.

Young Liam cracking defender and never give up attitude and had a fantastic season last year very impressive against giffnock in WOS

James McKnight will be a big influence and great character in changing room along with Chris mcfadyen who will teach TJ a lot and

Kris Scullion highly rated goalkeeper at amateur level seen him a couple of times at petershill in cup finals last year and dak will have his work cut out for him to try get the jersey off him

Wee daryl will be a handful for anyone he comes up against next season sure he will show why a lot of teams were sniffing around him.

TJ well not much else to say on him as everyone knows give him a sniff and 9/10 he will take it and showed that with 50 odd goals last season.

Archived