The Leftovers

Quentin Taranbino

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a couple of relatively normal episodes, the 3rd was back to usual services. Was in a similar vein to possibly the 3rd episode of season 1 that was based on one character but instead of the reverend this time it's Kevin's father. Never took my eyes off the screen once. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone else end up watching the last season?

What a fucking show this is BTW.

It took something decent in season 1 and made it infinitely better for the final two seasons. I'm glad it did something a lot of other shows didn't do and kept it to three seasons. I think this will be a show that a lot of people will watch when it becomes available to Netflix and jump in on. Highlights by far where the soundtrack, the utter baffling adventures of Kevin Garvey and that attempt to go as nuts as possible and have a orgy on a boat while worshipping a lion.

If someone could also explain the reasons behind the opening credits music to episode two, I'd greatly appreciate it as it feels like there is a joke I'm missing out on and I don't have all the information.

36 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Anyone else end up watching the last season?

What a fucking show this is BTW.

It took something decent in season 1 and made it infinitely better for the final two seasons. I'm glad it did something a lot of other shows didn't do and kept it to three seasons. I think this will be a show that a lot of people will watch when it becomes available to Netflix and jump in on. Highlights by far where the soundtrack, the utter baffling adventures of Kevin Garvey and that attempt to go as nuts as possible and have a orgy on a boat while worshipping a lion.

If someone could also explain the reasons behind the opening credits music to episode two, I'd greatly appreciate it as it feels like there is a joke I'm missing out on and I don't have all the information.

I'll be watching Season 3 starting tomorrow on Sky Atlantic.

Think I read somewhere that the change of music for Episode 2 was something to do with previous references about characters from an eighties US sitcom called Perfect Strangers vanishing in the Sudden Departure and this song was the theme tune for that show.

• 1 year later...

We’ve just finished watching this through for the second time, and whilst I thought it was very, very good first time round, I actually don’t think it was having watched it again. I think it’s actually a masterpiece.

The acting from start to finish is excellent, and no character or conversation is wasted, on multiple occasions things you think are innocuous become imperative to the story five episodes later, beautifully interwoven with another detail that may equally have been considered unimportant. The characters are all interesting and developed in ways that make sense even when confusion is all around. The soundtrack is also amazing, and it might have the best use of music to enhance moments in television history.

The concept for the programme in the beginning was very interesting, but the way they developed it and moved the narrative away from the event to the characters themselves is excellent. Would thoroughly recommend for anyone that hasn’t seen it.

Archived