Vanishing foam

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can it be used for throw ins? My pet hate is referees telling players to go back for throw ins three times, then totalling ignoring continue to steal yards the 4th time.

Usually happens against Airdrie.

I've seen a couple of refs give foul throws for that during this world cup. I've never seen that given before

There is another effective method. Simply book players who advance forwars from the wall. They will soon get the message. The foam is good though.

Part of me thinks refs should march walls back 11 yards or 12 yards.

Chances are, most of the time that would mean 10 yards when the ball's actually struck.

No reason why they couldn't use magic spracy for throw-ins, if required. Or the linesman could spray an arc at corners.

EDIT: Want to give a player a "talking-to", but they're walking away? Spray a circle, make 'em stand in it.

Being hustled? Spray a "do-not-cross line".

Endless uses.

The refs would use coloured foam, IIRC I have seen red foam used in South American games.

You wouldn't know you'd cut yourself shaving using red foam. Fluorescent foam for games played in fog?

Couldn't really care either way. I've still seen numerous counts of encroachment at the World Cup and it's not really an annoyance of mine. Sometimes I think 'the ref has never counted 10 yards there' but that would still be the case.

I'd guess it would be too expensive to roll out to every club and the end product wouldn't out weigh the cost. All in all I don't see the point.

What if it's snowing?

If the snow was lying on the ground enough to call for the use of an Orange ball say, then the Ref could use one of those blow torches that they use in fancy cookery programmes on the telly. It would be like negative foam.

We'll end up with Tesco Essentials shaving foam..

http://www.frisparken.se/

That would never do for the 2 year-old team from Govan who will probably insist on designer brand foam with added moisturiser because they are a "big club" and their fans "deserve the best". It won't matter what it costs 'cos they probably won't pay the bill anyway.

Part of me thinks refs should march walls back 11 yards or 12 yards.

Chances are, most of the time that would mean 10 yards when the ball's actually struck.

No reason why they couldn't use magic spracy for throw-ins, if required. Or the linesman could spray an arc at corners.

EDIT: Want to give a player a "talking-to", but they're walking away? Spray a circle, make 'em stand in it.

Being hustled? Spray a "do-not-cross line".

Endless uses.

Why would they need it on corners? Part of the ball has to be on the arc corner arc before a kick may be taken and there should already be a 10 yard mark on the goal line.

Archived