Deja Vu and Premonitions

DAFC

Does anyone get this regularly?

I haven't had déjà vu for ages but quite often get premonitions about silly mundane things.

Was thinking about searching and downloading a song from an advert tonight while watching a totally unconnected show and then it was on the next advert.

Sure it's just a coincidence but sometimes you're just sure about certain things like you know what someone will be wearing before you see them or absolutely certain about a football result.

I've heard stories about people seeing certain disasters days or weeks before they happen, not sure I would like to see things like this as it would freak me out.

So are déjà vu and premonitions just coincidence or something else?

It's very odd I can't really explain but suddenly you start thinking about something and then it happens?

Maybe it's a primal survival instinct that we've lost somewhat, you sometimes see birds or animals moving away before a natural disaster?

Has anyone had any strange incidents?

I feel it's a sort of memory bounce. You're trying to put something into memory but it bounces out somehow and it feels like it was a memory of something you'd encountered before as it's coming out of memory.

I haven't researched this, by the way, but if someone wants to fund me for a PhD....

I get deja vu regularly but in my case it's an epilepsy thing. Usually it can simply be a sentence somebody says or an unusual animal or person that passes the window which triggers it. Totally made up in the brain though. In my case it's usually a sense that something terrible is about to happen... which thankfully never does.

Nah, it was a pretty obscure advert thats not on much.

Suddenly had a thought to google it and then within ten secs it was on.

Just found it strange, odds of that happening must be pretty high?

It was just an example.

Archived