glasgow v edinurgh

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with Glasgow is that it's full of tracky clad, Buckie swigging scheme goblins that ask for money to look after your motor as a top up for the giro which 98% of the city claims, whereas everyone from Edinburgh is posh as f**k, snobby, unfriendly and not even from Edinburgh (usually Surrey).

There you go, I've listed most of the nonsense cliches so the diddies on here don't have to. We just need to have the chat about what constitutes a teuchter and we can wrap this thread up nice and early.

let's examine the political facts of the two cities:

Glasgow Council is full of spendthrift fuckwits while Edinburgh Council is full of spendthrift fuckwits.

So a dead heat then...

Highlight of this thread is always people from non-entity Teuchter towns like Dundee or Perth making definitive statements about nightlife/culture/restaurants cause they went to their mate's 19th at Di Maggio's before heading to The Garage. Typically they've been to Edinburgh for the football a couple of times and maybe the zoo once, maybe Hampden for a Scotland friendly in 2008.

Both are excellent cities, but I'd rather live in Glasgow and visit Edinburgh 5-6 times a year rather than the other way around as I did previously. Glasgow has more options in terms of bars/restaurants/shops for a guy my age (mid 20s), it's better for club nights and gigs comfortably, and the public transport is far better. Edinburgh has incredible architecture, good pubs if you know where to look, and the festival is brilliant if you don't have to get somewhere quickly. Glasgow has more variety imo and is ideal for a young guy but I appreciate Edinburgh far more now than I used to that I've moved away.

Highlight of this thread is always people from non-entity Teuchter towns like Dundee or Perth making definitive statements about nightlife/culture/restaurants cause they went to their mate's 19th at Di Maggio's before heading to The Garage. Typically they've been to Edinburgh for the football a couple of times and maybe the zoo once, maybe Hampden for a Scotland friendly in 2008.

Both are excellent cities, but I'd rather live in Glasgow and visit Edinburgh 5-6 times a year rather than the other way around as I did previously. Glasgow has more options in terms of bars/restaurants/shops for a guy my age (mid 20s), it's better for club nights and gigs comfortably, and the public transport is far better. Edinburgh has incredible architecture, good pubs if you know where to look, and the festival is brilliant if you don't have to get somewhere quickly. Glasgow has more variety imo and is ideal for a young guy but I appreciate Edinburgh far more now than I used to that I've moved away.

Edinburgh - Probably a better place to live up to the age of about 18

Glasgow - Probably better for 18-30 year olds

Edinburgh - I'd imagine nicer for 30+ year olds, especially if they have families

IMO.

Aesthetically it isn't even close between the cities, but there's more to a city than how it looks and I completely understand why folk would prefer either or. What I can't get is people actually believing the shitey stereotypes of each city as some accurate portrayal of how they really are. As you say it's always non Edinburgh/Glasgow folk who do this, ususually in my experience A) Ayrshire people who blindly defend Glasgow on everything, and B) Aberdonians, who hate both. There's some right horrible b*****ds from Oiberdeen.

I like both cities but prefer Edinburgh. Possibly because I've had better nights out in Edinburgh or possibly because I detest the weegie accent.

Both are a million times better than Dundee which has no redeeming features. Every time I''ve been for a night out there has been a fight. Why are Dundonians so angry all the time? Not as bad as Dunfermline though.

Hard to say for me. IMO both are excellent cities. At the moment as a near 29 year old, I'd probably plump for Glasgow, however if i was approaching 40 and not 30, I'd probably go for Edinburgh. I'm a fan of the hustle and bustle you get in cities and in Glasgow there's plenty of that.

I like both cities but prefer Edinburgh. Possibly because I've had better nights out in Edinburgh or possibly because I detest the weegie accent.

Both are a million times better than Dundee which has no redeeming features. Every time I''ve been for a night out there has been a fight. Why are Dundonians so angry all the time? Not as bad as Dunfermline though.

In terms of angryness or shitness?

Aye, but Glasgow is worse than Dundee. Plus when the opportunity arises I'm moving to Edinburgh. B)

no chance is glasgow worse than dundee, can accept it being 2nd in some ways to edinburgh but in no way does glasgow come second to dundee, dundee is like all the shiteness of glasgow without the positives :lol:

Archived