Alex Salmond Death Threats

jester

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't find the accused's behavior somewhat disturbing?

Sounds very bizarre behaviour to be honest. Still amusing though that the report refers to his arrest for staring.

These aren't real death threats, in the same way the guy arrested for "threatening" to blow up Robin Hood airport wasn't real either.

It's a total non-story.

Nutjobs posting is quite different.

As I said before I have had past experience - one letter I received told me that I would rot in hell with all the single mothers and deviants. I put it where it belonged - in the bin.

If you are party politician I think you just have to accept it and move on - only if we get in to serious stalker territory should Inspector Knacker get called in.

"Blinkered" doesn't quite cover your blindness here.

Pot calls kettle black.

Given my past experience of most politicians - and that includes the SNP and Labour - most of them would not blink at dirty tricks to discredit an opponent.

It's why I got out of the party system 20+ years ago.

I think he's marmite - people either really like him or really loathe him.

I think he's alright and really rather inoffensive. It's humorous how much he gets some of the poor wee Unionists panties in a bunch.

Can you expand on what you mean here?

Certainly, it goes like this;

Alex makes a grand announcement,eg on Scotland having a currency union, or getting straight in the EU, to name but 2.

A quick check of the facts reveals that he lied.

Alex spits out the dummy, then asserts that its bluff, bluster and bullying.

Sane and sensible people then make up their mind to vote no.

Simples.

I don't care for his politics, but it amuses me how much of a flap he gets interviewers and his political opponents in.

Because he is an excellent debater if not the most astute politician.

He can seem smug but it is because, on the whole, he knows how to construct his argument as well as deconstuct the arguments of his opponents. He, I believe, genuinely understands the mindset of his opponents, playing devil's advocate with himself to counter the arguments.

Like him or loathe him he is head and shoulders above any other active Scottish politician.

Certainly, it goes like this;

Alex makes a grand announcement,eg on Scotland having a currency union, or getting straight in the EU, to name but 2.

A quick check of the facts reveals that he lied.

Alex spits out the dummy, then asserts that its bluff, bluster and bullying.

Sane and sensible people then make up their mind to vote no.

Simples.

Ah good. In that case you won't mind if I ask you for two seperate and clear examples, including sources of the following situation, as you described it:

Alex Salmond making a grand announcement, then that being exposed as a lie, then Alex Salmond spitting the dummy out.

You may say sane and sensible people vote No. I say selfish and uneducated people vote No.

Archived