All Hurlford United Chat 2014/15

Killiepiyo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute shite from us again last night. Don't think hurlford had to work hard for a win and could've won by more. We seem to be playing ok football but fall to pieces in the final third. No goals in over a month and only 3 wins in 2015. Shocking.

its simple , if Hurlford win all their games they win the league , if Talbot win all their games they win the league

As you mention AM that is the gist of it, good thing from a Talbot point of view is IF they can beat Hurlford it then means Talbot can afford to lose a game, Hurlford on the other hand must come to Auchinleck and win they have no room for error as it stands at the moment Hurlford must win all their remaining games Talbot don't as long as they beat Hurlford at home.

Absolute shite from us again last night. Don't think hurlford had to work hard for a win and could've won by more. We seem to be playing ok football but fall to pieces in the final third. No goals in over a month and only 3 wins in 2015. Shocking.

Have to agree with you. I was down at the Ayrshire Cup match with Talbot and you looked toothless then too. Total change from the team that won 10 on the bounce at the start of the season. Thought the fact you had big Maxi back last night, you would pose more of a goal threat. Young McCann was AWOL and he always seems to impress. Also, your defence looks shaky without Staunton - is he injured?

Talbot dropping points obviously helps, but it's a massive ask for Ford to win another seven league matches on the spin playing three times a week. The poor state of our pitch is coming back to haunt us. Still nobody to blame but ourselves for that.

On another note, can't believe the negativity of some of our newer fans at the match with Girvan. IMO even if we win nothing, which looks likely, it has still been a great season. Glamour (?) trips to the highlands in the big cup and reaching the SJC semis for the second time in our history. It's nice to see new faces at Blair Park, but maybe the knob ends amongst them could go back to what they were doing when we were languishing in the ADL.

In my opinion I've watched medda most of the season and were great at first but since Christmas it's went down hill. For me I think it something to do with the money. The club has been struggling and players not happy and can't be bothered anymore but that's my opinion. Another thing is the formation of the team. Played Talbot in January and battered them and it got changed again once the loss to hurlford. Players fans not happy. Something wrong with money and board. If None of this comes into play then i think medda could have had a great season.

Don't understand that. What's money got to do with it? Money has been an massive issue at the club for 3 seasons now.

There's no 'board' at meadow. Just a number of dedicated fans who give up a lot of their time to run the club.

Last night was better than recent weeks but still no goals. I think the way the team was set up against Talbot was brilliant and it worked. Now it's back to normal and no football being played. Brilliant to have big maxwell back now balls are just up in the air because he's a massive target in the area. Good team going forward usually but players being wasted with no football being played.

Why Darren Henderson didn't make any sub's today bar the one forced on him in the 1st half is beyond me , teams playing 3 games a week and he doesn't bring on some fresh legs in the second half , cost them today I think !

Archived