Are You a Fighter?

For the most part I have managed to avoid getting into any fights, though there have been one or two incidents. Going back around 15 years I was going to the SECC to a gig, and hoping to buy tickets outside. In that tunnel thing that runs from the train station to the SECC some guy offered me a ticket at several times the face value, to which I said no. I walked on and the next thing I'd been skelped on the back of the head by the boy who was offering me the ticket. He then wound up getting decked by some other guy walking down the tunnel who took offence to him attacking me when my back was turned.

I did shite out of getting involved once when I worked in a pub in Greenock. A group of 5 or 6 guys started on 2 boys sitting in a booth in the corner. Me and the other duty manager ran over to try and pull them apart, but as I approached I could see that one of the 2 in the booth had what I can only describe as a really fucking big knife with him, at which point me and the other boy stopped and settled for moving the tables and chairs out of reach of the fighters. The second boy in the booth took an absolute tanking, hit square on the head with a fairly substantial bar stool. When the first boy pulled the knife out, the larger group pulled back and left the pub pronto, at which point the first guy dragged his mate out the door and into a car before the police and an ambulance turned up. That was pretty hairy.

Last fight I was in was outside Jackie O's in Kirkcaldy.

Boy was trying to touch up my girlfriend so I warned him that she was with me and to leave her alone but he persisted. Wee scuffle in the place and I got put out the front door and he got put out the back door.

I was waiting out the front on my girl getting her coat and the dafty came around and swung at me so I gave him an incredibly satisfying leathering.

Really enjoyed it if I'm honest.

Last fight I was in was outside Jackie O's in Kirkcaldy.

Boy was trying to touch up my girlfriend so I warned him that she was with me and to leave her alone but he persisted. Wee scuffle in the place and I got put out the front door and he got put out the back door.

I was waiting out the front on my girl getting her coat and the dafty came around and swung at me so I gave him an incredibly satisfying leathering.

Really enjoyed it if I'm honest.

I didn't enjoy it so much tbh mate...

:P

Nope. Never have been, tbh.

Don't think I've ever really even been close to a punch-up either, even when I've been pished - it really is as simple as "If you don't go looking for trouble, it won't come looking for you."

Might be a horrible cliche, but it rings true in my experience. Only exception was one time when I was about 16 - can't remember how it even started but a small group of bampots ganged up on me. Not got the greatest balance at the best of times but I'd had a 2L bottle of cheap, nasty cider, so one of them took a swing at me and floored me with one hit. Got kicked a few times while getting up, and a heavy whack on my ear, but had the presence of mind to just bolt as fast as I could.

That experience was enough to put me off fighting for good, tbh - made me realise that getting smacked isn't the most fun thing to happen, and that there are plenty of wankers out there who will just gang up on you if you get in any bother. Although in saying that the next day all I had for my troubles was a black eye and a slightly sore ear, but that was it.

There's nothing more satisfying than standing over some cheeky twat you've just sparko'd or is whimpering for you to stop. Its a great problem solver

Aye definitely nothing more satisfying than that in life.

wouldn't lower myself to all stars, the fact you're bragging that you're a bouncer says it all about you though :lol:

You wot mate?

I've never been a bouncer in my life so you've made a bit of a c**t of yourself here.

I've been in one or two over the years. Got struck with a golf club once outside a social club. In fairness, I had been winding the boys up all day at the football, so it was probably deserved.

Been bottled once, that was quite sore too.

I've been in one or two over the years. Got struck with a golf club once outside a social club. In fairness, I had been winding the boys up all day at the football, so it was probably deserved.

Been bottled once, that was quite sore too.

I don't think winding folk up merits a golf club off the head. That's just ever so slightly over the top.

Had a few wee scuffles playing football but thats about it, do pretty well to stay out of fights too in Arbroath, most weekends its like a royal fucking rumble thanks to the c***s from the Marine base that come out being monumentous p***ks looking to scrap with anyone they can. <_<

Had a few wee scuffles playing football but thats about it, do pretty well to stay out of fights too in Arbroath, most weekends its like a royal fucking rumble thanks to the c***s from the Marine base that come out being monumentous p***ks looking to scrap with anyone they can. <_<

Just had flashing images of Arbroath being a complete warzone on Friday nights.

"You weren't there maaaaan "