Are You a Fighter?

One fight, one defeat, back when I was 18. Told a bunch of bams in Kilmarnock's Burns Mall to go eff themselves after they started on me and my mates as we were walking some lassies to the taxi rank at the end of a night out, and they proceeded to casually kick the shite out me. I flailed about like a steaming octopus, but don't think I made contact with any of them. A sober and salutary indication of the extent of my combat abilities, namely f**k-all.

I hear the ringleader later barely survived a stabbing and has a scar down his face apparently caused by an axe, so seems like he's started on the wrong folk a couple of times since.

Not quite a fight but I had to forcefully show someone the door in a club last night after he told me on several occasions that he was "going to bum me" and wouldn't take his hands off me despite being warned more than once.

He had good taste though I'll give him that.

Not quite a fight but I had to forcefully show someone the door in a club last night after he told me on several occasions that he was "going to bum me" and wouldn't take his hands off me despite being warned more than once.

He had good taste though I'll give him that.

The back door...?

fighting is for idiots that cannot take or give a put down,not been in one since primary school (but i burst him! :P ). What i always wonder is, when you punch someone, what exactly are you trying to achieve? you are trying to hurt someone but to what extent?

fighting is for idiots that cannot take or give a put down,not been in one since primary school (but i burst him! :P ). What i always wonder is, when you punch someone, what exactly are you trying to achieve? you are trying to hurt someone but to what extent?

That's an interesting question. I think you want to hurt someone enough to make them walk (or run) away and concede that you've won the point but not enough to leave permanent damage.

But that raises another interesting point. It's that hitting someone harder than they hit you proves that you win an argument, ignoring the logic of the situation which might suggest exactlty the opposite. But it's not just two guys in the car park, it's the US, the UK, Russia, etc.

The aim is to hurt them enough for them to stop. That obviously ranges with what Kind of person you're dealing with though.

I've had a few scraps in my time but fighting is rubbish. Situations do arise where you have no other option but to fight.

On a night out the day before a lads holiday to Ibiza, my then flatmate and I, went out for a drink. He wasn't going on holiday, so we just went out for a few. At the end of the night some random ned started his pish. We just laughed at him and told him to piss off, and never thought anymore about it.

We bumped in to said, ned, at the taxi rank again. He was now team handed. They just ran at us and attacked, five on two. It ended up with the police lifting us all, apart from the one going to the hospital. My pal and I came through the skirmish well. I had a burst nose and a few lumps here and there. My knuckles were a mess too. But we were ok.

The police let me out at 7:30am, after reviewing the surveillance tapes! My taxi to the Airport was at 8:30, it was a wild couple of weeks that!

I've seen Ned boy a few times since, he doesn't even look my way. Good stuff.

Fighting is only acceptable when you have no choice. Imo.

As I'm totally crap at fighting I tend to avoid it. However if pushed I'd resort to a couple of dirty moves (knee in the bollocks, that kind of thing) and then leg it. Remember the old proverb kids, "he who runs away, lives to cack it another day!"

No, never been in, or come close to being in, a fight. Always wondered how fights start, I've always assumed that someone randomly punching you with no provocation is uncommon, so unless you give people provocation (something I avoid doing with aggressive people) or rise to provocation (something that just never seems worth it to me) then surely they are easy to avoid.

I remember not that long ago watching 2 guys knock 7 shades of shite out each other on a railway line.

The level of hitting was clearly to cause maximum injury.

As a train was coming and the police were called by the ticket guy at the station the 2 actually helped each other off the tracks and back up to the platform.

It really was a site to behold.

I actually got the impression they were mates who enjoy knocking lumps out of each other and laughing about it later.

Was like watching an episode of Bottom.

^^^ This.

A guy goaded me many years ago as he liked my then girlfriend. I kept ignoring him until he nutted me in the middle of the pub in front of everybody. One ultra swift leathering later and he left the scene in an ambulance then spent the following week in hospital.

I have never raised my hands since or ever will again as the pain that his family went through still haunts me over 30 years later.

If you have any kind of conscience then you will know that there are no winners in a fight.

Similar reasoning. Haven't been in a scrap since primary school. I lost the fucking plot while getting the better of the guy, ended up repeatedly battering the guys head off a jaggy brick wall.

I've removed myself from every possible altercation since as I'm terrified that as an adult I'd do someone permanent serious damage if I was getting the better of them and saw red again. And also fcuk being on the wrong end of it, possible police repercussions, work asking questions, etc.

Pretty much a pacifist anyhow :lol:

Edited by banana

What's with the deep and philosophical state-of-the-world-address??

Ha ha. I got a bit carried away with the analogy. I just see the pub fight being played out on the world stage all the time. An idealogical argument always seems to be decided by who can hit the other with the most force. It hardly proves who's right in either case but it will always happen.

Been in a few different scraps in my time. Can think of one maybe two that I've actually started and never enjoyed any bit of any fight I've ever been in. Just always felt really stranger after having fought with someone. Got a few scars on my right hand from somehow constantly hitting people right in the teeth. A major one being when I had to have surgery on my hand from ripping it open on a considerably snaggley tooth and the hospital were fearful of infection, proved to be none but I'm probably going to get arthritis in my right hand as a result.

I always will try and talk my way out of a scrap as I just generally cant be fucked and you hear that many fights going really bad these days thats its better off just walking away and getting on with things and let the other dickhead get the shit kicked out of him somewhere else. Like has been established already, there's no winners in fights just varying degrees of losers.